Thirty Eight

Ethan has been in the coma for a week and a half so it's the 15th. I really just want him to wake up. Cameron and Sean are still here and will be until Ethan wakes up. I explained Sean's situation to his company and they let him have a payed vacation.

Cam is still doing all her college work, but online for the time being. Today Ashley and Sean are stopping by the apartment at 2:50. I believe my mom, my dad, Lisa, Sean and Cam are going out for some sight seeing so that's good.

It's 10:30 and I just got out of the bathroom, because I showered. Today I'm actually going to try and look presentable and not look like a hobo. I walk into my closet and grab a random shirt.

I'm going to wear that short if it is presentable and if it is not then I will do it again. I have grabbed plaid shirt so I will grab a pair of boyfriend jeans. I usually put on shoes when I'm in my closet because I love having shoes on.

 I usually put on shoes when I'm in my closet because I love having shoes on

I put my clothes on and walk out of my room. Everyone is sitting at the table or at the couch eating breakfast. I walk over to where my dad is cooking and give him a hug. "Good morning dad." I say smiling. "Morning Emmy." My dad says making me smile even more.

I make my way around to everyone and finally walk back to my dad so I can have some breakfast. My dad made bacon, egg and cheese on a roll and they are my favorite breakfast when I'm back home. I think in like 15 minutes we're leaving to go visit Ethan, but Grayson and I are stopping at the post office.

We haven't been to post office in like 2 days, so there is probably a lot of stuff waiting. Ethan's room at the hospital and at home are full of gifts, card and stuffed animals. When Ethan (if he every wakes up) wakes up he will be great full when he sees everything that everyone has given him.

Someone, and I don't know who, rented everyone, minus Gray and I, a car. Grayson and I are going to take our car and everyone else is going to take the rental car.

-------

Grayson and I get out of the car in the hospital parking lot because he already picked up the gift, card, etcetera. I really really really hope Ethan wakes up soon, because I'm starting to lose all hope. We walk in the front doors of the building and walk down the long hallway to Ethan's room.

Everyone is in the room and Aaron is in there too. He is talking to my mom and dad. He texted me last night saying he might stop by, but he wasn't sure. I'm glad to see him. Before he moved out to LA I hadn't seen him is a good five or six months. Aaron is my favorite person out of everyone that Ethan and Grayson are friends with.

So many of there friends have stabbed them in their backs, but he has stayed a true friend. I walk over to Aaron and give him a hug, talking him, and my parents, by surprise. "Thank you for always being here for us." I whisper in his ear and give him another squeeze. "You're welcome, Emma." He whispers back.

I get up and go to sit next to Ethan. I say the Hail Mary and Our Father in hopes that Ethan will wake up. Just as I go to grab Ethan's hand a nurse comes in and I recoil my hand so fast. She does the thing that she does every couple hours.

"Excuse me, but how long does a coma normally last?" I ask curiously. "It is difficult to predict how long someone will be in a coma. A coma very rarely lasts more than 2 to 4 weeks, but a persistent vegetative state may last for years, and in very very rare states some people may never wake up from a coma." She tells me stating the facts.

"Oh, thank you." I say and she walks back out. I really don't want Ethan to be in the vegetated state for years and I most definitely do not want him to never wake up. If he never wakes up, I'll probably become depressed, even more than I already am.

-------

Everyone left the apartment to go shopping about 15 minutes ago, but Aaron decided to stay with us, which is a nice surprise. "So Aaron are you excited to graduate this year?" I ask him because I am just wondering. "I mean, I guess. I'm a little nervous about college (I don't know if he is going to college, but let's say he is) and what's to come after that." He explains.

Before I can answer my phone beeps and I see Sean, from Starbucks, had texted me.

Sean: We are coming down the hall now.

Emma: Okay.

"Guys they're coming so get into position." I say and we all get off the couch. I had explained to Aaron what we were doing at the hospital. I hear footsteps outside the door and I whisper, "Smile big." I look to see if they're smiling and they are smiling big.

The door knob twists and Sean walks in with a girl blindfolded. He takes off the blindfold and she looks around a little bit before seeing us. "OH MY GOD!!!" She screams and runs over to us. She hugs each one of us for about thirty seconds.

"OH MY GOD I love you guys!" She screams again. "Thank you." Grayson and Aaron say at the same time, they laugh at themselves.

----------

SO ON WEEKDAYS I WILL ONLY BE ABLE TO WRITE ONE CHAPTER, BUT IF I HAVE OFF THAT DAY, THAN I WILL BE ABLE TO HOPEFULLY WRITE TWO CHAPTERS. Also THANK YOU to my international readers. You all means so much to me.