Thirty

"Hello this is Bloom salon, Angela speaking" Angela is a level 1 hair stylist so she also works at the front desk.

"Hi this is Emma Jackson, I need to speak to Lisa right away, something happen to Ethan" I say panicking.

"Okay, I'll get her now" She says then there is silence.

"Hello, Emma what happened?" I hear a panicked Lisa say.

"Someone ran into his chest, at football practice, and he fell backwards with out his helmet on and he hit his head on his helmet that was on the ground" I say in as calm of a voice I can muster up.

"My little baby, I'm flying out there as soon as possible, hopefully tonight or tomorrow morning" She sounds very very panicked voice.

"Okay, would you like to talk to Gray?" I ask.

"Yes, please" She says with a sniffle.

"Gray, your mom wants to talk to you" I say and hand him the phone.

The ambulance is crowded with the paramedics helping keep Ethan from being even more unconscious. I look out the tiny window in the back and see all the cars have pulled over to the curb. I've been in an ambulance once before.

I was 10 months old and I had a seizure. My parents were so freaked out. Luke had just turned 3 and had apparently stay with Lisa, Sean, Cam, Ethan, and Grayson. Every year my parents send money, cookies, or presents to everyone who had helped me.

I feel the ambulance stop and the back doors open. First the paramedics  get out, then they wheel Ethan out then Gray, and finally me. "Here, my mom is going to call my dad, Cam and your parents so we can focus on Ethan" He says handing me my phone.

We follow them into the hospital and they allow us to go into the room with them. The doctor starts asking Gray and I questions like: "How are you to him?". She ask me "How old are you?"   and "What is your last name?" That went on for like an hour.

We answer questions about Ethan's health. I really really really really hope Ethan will be alright. Just as the doctor was about to speak- hopefully for the last time- when a nurse came in and whispered in her ear. "Okay so we have some bad news" She says with a glum looking face.

"What is it?" Gray asks look nervous. "In order for Ethan, we had to put him in a medical induced coma" She says with a gloomy face.

All I want to do is cry, in fact I am. Ethan doesn't deserve this. Grayson gets up and walks into the hallway. "I'm sorry, he's taking it really hard" I say then follow him out into the hall. "Grayson, all we can do is pray that he will get better" I say trying to console him. 

"I know, it's just very hard to believe that something like this would happen to Ethan, the best brother a guy could ask for" Gray says like he's going to cry. "Gray, we are going to stand by his side, until he wakes up, even if that means becoming home schooled, until he wakes up" I say trying to help him.

I grab his hand and bring him into Ethan's room. "Gray do you want to stay here and I'll bring you some fresh clothes from the house and pick up the car?" I ask quietly and calmly. "Yes please" He says in a whisper. "Okay" I walk out of the room and down the hall to the front doors of the building.

I open the Uber app and order on. The car is going to be here in about a minute. I sit on the bench. I open Twitter and make a video explaining that Ethan, Grayson and I are not really going to be on social media for a while reason that will be explain later.

I feel bad for leaving them hanging but someone has to explain that we probably not be around. The Uber pulls up and I get in. "Hi, can you take me to Jackson High School?" I ask. "Sure thing Miss" The guy says. He pulls away from the curb and starts driving.

"So why are you at the hospital, if you don't mind me asking" The driver asks. He seems young, maybe my age, a little older. "No, it's fine. My best friend since birth was at football practice and was not wearing his helmet and went unconscious so we brought him to the hospital, were he was put into a medical induced coma" I explain.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry" He says.

-------

So I just got to the apartment after picking up the car and I go into Grayson's room and pick out an outfit and grab deodorant because God knows he needs it after football. I then walk into my room since it's right next door and get clothes to change into.

I have my closet organized from most comfortable to least comfortable and I just grab a random shirt and random leggings. I take off my shirt and throw on the shirt and then take off my jeans and slip on my leggings. I take off my sneakers and put on slippers.

I had brought up the coffee, that I was going to bring them, so I can microwave it

I had brought up the coffee, that I was going to bring them, so I can microwave it. I put Ethan's in the refrigerator and I put both Gray and I's coffee in at the same time. I set it for two minutes and sit down at the table while I wait for the coffee. I open twitter and see that there is already a million replies.

All of them went something like this: "What happened?" or "Why" I decide to post one more tweet for a while. "Guys, I'm sorry to leave you hanging, but I'll explain soon, I promise. Peace out for sometime, love you guys- Emma" I really didn't want to press tweet but I had to do it, so I feel less guilty.