Twenty-eight

We just got to school and it's 7:32. We stopped at Starbucks, which took us like 15 minutes, just waiting in line. People really love their coffee in the morning. "Bye Ethan" Gray and I say, because Ethan's in a different homeroom then us. We have Ms. Diamond. I always so Miss even if their married.

I say that because our (Ethan, Grayson and I [Ethan was in Ms. Barth's Homeroom and we were in Mrs. Ernau's homeroom, so we had the same two teachers, but flipped periods]) sixth grade teacher, on the last day of school, had said these exact word, "When you say Mrs. it's like saying that man own us women. Their prefix never changes so why does ours have to change?"

Grayson's locker and my locker have someone else's locker in between us, which is very annoying. I put my bag on the hook and grab my books, water bottle, and my pencil case. I walk into homeroom with Gray behind me. My phone dings and it's Luke.

Luke: Emma what was Nicky's last name?

Nicky was my childhood crush, he was 5 years older than me, and Luke and I were his best friends. Nicky lived next door to Grandma Sally and Paul. The apartment has parties for the residents and Grandma would always invite us. The last party I ever went to at the apartment was when Nicky told Luke and I he was moving to Pittsburgh. I was devastated. I was heartbroken for a very long time after that.

Emma: Konig, why?

Luke: Well, I was just talking to him at practice.

Emma: Why would he be at practice?

Luke: Because he is the KONIG on the Steelers Emma. How did we never realize that it was him?

Emma: I don't know, you're the football expert, I just watch it.

Luke: We truly are oblivious.

I see Ms. Diamond walk in and she always wants to know who we're texting in homeroom. It's so weird.

Emma: I have to go Luke, Ms. Diamond just got here, and you know what happens, when she see you texting.

Luke has heard all of my stories about the teachers so he knows what I'm talking about. I really love having family and friends that you can tell anything to.

Luke: Bye Emma.

I read his text and put my phone in my pocket so Ms. Diamond doesn't have the chance to read it. Grayson is sitting next to me. "Grayson, Luke just ran into an old friend and I'm really nervous" I whisper, because I don't want Ms. Diamond to hear me. She is the biggest gossiper out of the teachers.

"Which old friend?" He whispers back. "Nicky" I whisper back. "The one who left you heartbroken without knowing it, Nicky?" "Yes, that Nicky" I whisper and see Ms. Diamond lurking trying to get some gossip.

The bell rings and I walk out of homeroom and head to Drama with Ms. Mustacchi. I chose Drama for 3 reasons, 1) I did not what to participate in Gym, 2) I want to give acting a try and see why my family and friends likes it and 3) Also Ethan and Grayson are in Drama and I didn't want to be Gym by myself.

(Emma's Schedule

Period 1: Drama with Ms. Mustacchi

Period 2: Home and Careers with Ms. Fontana

Period 3: Spanish 3 with Ms. D'Amato

Period 4: Lab with Ms. Johnson.

Period 5: Lunch

Period 6: English with Ms. Johnson

Period 7: College Math with Mr. Schmidt

Period 8: Living Environment/Biology with Ms. Diamond

Period 9: American History with Mr. Bowden)

------

Lab just ended so I'm walking to my locker to get my lunch that I packed last night. I pack a roll with grilled chicken, shredded lettuce and mayo. I'm the only on in the apartment that eats mayo, so I always have it for sandwiches. I also packed a granola bar.

I play softball/baseball from the age of 4 to the age of 15 so sophomore year, last year, and the coach would bring in these granola bars, that had banana in them and I'm allergic, so he would start bringing me these amazing granola bars that I still love to this day and always have them in the apartment.

I shut my locker and walk towards the lunch room. I walk in and see Ethan and Grayson sitting at 'our' table. "Hey guys," I say smiling, "Why do you think that we have the assembly on school's history?" I ask and sit down.

"Mr. Schmidt said that it is because something has been brought to Mr. Plotkin's (the vice principle) attention, and we're not supposed to tell curtain people what it is" Grayson says while taking a bite of his sandwich. "Yeah, Ms. Diamond said the same thing" Ethan says eating chips.

I take my sandwich out of the paper bag and as I do one of Sam comes over. Last night Grayson told us he asked her to be his girlfriend. Sam's a nice girl, but I personally think that Gray deserves a lot better.

------

Ethan, Gray and I just sat down in the gym, where the assembly is being held. Of course, I'm still oblivious as to what it's about, but whatever. Mr. Plotkin walks up to the microphone as the last couple of freshman walk in.

"Hello students," He says. "Hello Mr. Plotkin" Is being said from every direction. "So last night something very interesting came to my attention and I think everyone should know" He says smiling.

"Emma Jackson, please come up here" He says still smiling. When he says that the entire school looks at me and I feel very uncomfortable. "You got this Emma" Ethan whispers to me, which gives me confidence.

I get up from my seat in the bleachers and and walk up the stairs to the stage. I'm so freaking nervous. In my mind I'm going over everything that I might have done to deserve this. Nothing came to mind.