~If Only You Remember Chapter 55~

If Only You Remember Chapter 55

Jasmine's Pov:

The door creaked opened. My eyes diverted to the door to see a young doctor walk in. Her white coat reached just above her knees. Her blue pants touched the floor. She had bright blue eyes with long blonde hair. She had on the sweetest smile as she walked to the side of my bed.

"How are you doing this morning?" She asked. Her voice was soft and quiet but still audible. "I'm good. A little too good to be sitting in a hospital and do nothing besides stay here," I said. She laughed. "You have a guest waiting outside for you," she said. "He never left when he found out you awakened," she added as she began to look at my clipboard and examine my blood.

"Let me guess. My brother," I laughed. "Might I add. You two look nothing a like," she joked. "We get that a lot," I said. "Should I let him in?" She smiled. "Yes please," I nodded. "I need to see my brother."

"I will let him know," she said. She set my clipboard down and walked out of the room. The room fell silent. My heart monitor was the only sound heard. Its pitching noise echoed through the quiet room.

I looked around the empty rooms. The walls were painted a white color. Nothing was on it besides the painting of an acre of grass with a farm in the corner of the room by the window.

The door creaked open slowly. I looked in the direction of the door. I saw a tan hand holding on the door. His face was covered by his dark raven hair. His skinny body appeared from the door. He looked up at me with an exhausted smile.

"You're not my brother," I frowned. "No but I am your boyfriend," Zayn said. I shook my head. "Was," I spat. He sighed and closed the door behind him before making his way to my bed.

He pulled a chair to the bed and sat down. He hung his head in shame. I watched him. My eyes traveled down to his split lip and bruised eye. I gasped causing he to look up at me in surprise.

"What happened?" I asked as I took his face in my hands. I pushed back his messy hair to get a better look at his eye and lip. "Nothing." He shook his head. He pushed my hands away. "Something happened. Tell me," I demanded. "Why do you care?" He asked. "Like I said before Zayn. I care more than you think," I said. "Now come closer," I ordered.

He did what I said and leaned in closer where his face was inches away from mine. My breath hitched in my throat. His brown eyes bore into mine. "Are you going to tell me what happened?" I asked. "Like I said. It was nothing," he looked away from my gaze.

I bit my lip and shook my head. "I'm not dumb Zayn. You can't fool me," I said. "Your brother," he muttered. My eyes widen as I pulled back in surprise. "My brother?" I asked gobsmacked. He didn't respond and that's all I needed.

"Why?" I asked. "It doesn't matter. I deserve it," he shook his head. "No," I said. "No you don't." "Of course I do. I broke your heart. I deserve every punch that gets thrown at me," he hung his head in sorrow.

I sat up in the hospital bed and scooted over. I patted the spot next to me. He looked up at me in confusion. "Sit," I demanded. I nodded my head to the spot next to me. He hesitantly stood up and took the spot next to me.

"Now listen to me, Malik." I pointed at him. I saw the corner of his lips twitch upward. It caused me to smile a little. "You may have broken my heart. Made me look like a fool in front of everyone. Shattered me to pieces. The list could go on. That's how much you broke me," I said. His smile faltered. "You defiantly speak you mind," he said.

"I'm not finished yet," I stopped him. He shut his mouth for me to continue. "But you didn't deserve what ever Zachary did to you," I finished. His smile returned to his face. "I'm sorry Jasmine. I am," he apologized.

"I know Zayn," I smiled. "How?" He asked in bewilderment. "I heard you last night," I chuckled. "How did you hear? I thought you didn't hear anything," he said. His cheeks turned pink from embarrassment.

I let out a boisterous laugh. "I was in a coma Zayn. Not dead," I said. "Jasmine," he paused as he awaited for my attention. "I want you to believe when I say I still love you," he said. I kept quiet. "I wanted you to believe me too Zayn but it looks like we won't get either one of those things," I said.

He let out a frustrated sigh. "I want to believe you Jasmine but-" "But what Zayn? You rather believe her than someone who you were with? Someone who shoved your girlfriend-ex girlfriend- off a pier? I almost drowned Zayn and you were not there to save me. You did not witness what she has been putting me through. She almost killed me recently. Me and Niall almost died because of her," I frowned. I had tears coming from my eyes.

"You don't know that," he argued back. I shook my head and stood up from the bed. I grabbed the IV monitor that stood near my bed. I grabbed my phone and tossed it to him. "No. No I don't. It seems like we don't know a lot of things. If you don't believe me after you see this, then don't bother finding me. I give up. Maybe you really are blind enough to see the truth," I whispered before walking out of the hospital room.

I left him there broken like he broke me. I left him only with my proof of Perrie.

A/n: This was short and I'm sorry! I have finals to study for and I'm a little nervous! Wish my luck on everything and I'll be back soon!! Hopefully an update this weekend.