~If Only You Remember Chapter 54~

If Only You Remember Chapter 54

Jasmine's Pov:

Beep. Beep. Beep.

A high pitch beeping sound startled me awake but I didn't move. I couldn't get my eyelids open or even move my hands. I laid down lifeless with darkness surrounding me. I could not feel anything besides a presence laying next to me with their arms wrapped around me.

I tried opening my eyes but I couldn't. It was hard to even move. I used all my strength to move but I didn't flinch. Everything that I've tried didn't work.

I heard a door slowly creak open and footsteps. "How is she?" I heard a soft voice ask. I felt the bed dip next to me and then I felt emptiness. "I don't know. She hasn't moved or waken," my brother's voice spoke.

"How much longer did they say?" Makayla's voice came out muffled but I could still tell it was her. "The doctor said days, weeks, months, even years. They do not know when she will wake up," Zachary said. I heard a sigh. "What happened?" Makayla asked.

"I don't know. Niall knows but he won't say anything," Zachary said. "Do you know why?" Makayla asked. "No," he replied. "I hope everything is okay with her," Zachary said. "All will go well," Makayla said.

I heard the door open and shut close again. This time I heard a bunch of footsteps. "How is she?" Eleanor asked. "Will she be okay?" Danielle asked. "We brought flowers," Louis said. "I think she should wake up soon," Harry spoke with hope. "How long has she been asleep for?" Liam asked.

"A few weeks now," Zachary said. "I never left her side," he softly said. "Where is Niall?" Makayla asked. "He is outside. He is heart broken about all this. He blames himself," Eleanor said. I struggled to wake up but it felt like I was under a rock and couldn't move.

"It wasn't though. The house caught on fire. It was a freak accident," Zachary said. "No it wasn't," Niall's voice was heard. "What do you mean?" Louis asked. "It was not a freak accident. Someone did this and it was not on accident," Niall explained.

"Who would do such a thing?" Danielle asked. "Perrie." "What? She may be crazy but she couldn't have gone this far," Makayla said. "She did. Before I jumped out of the window to call the fire department like Jasmine said. I saw a glimpse of blonde hair run away from the flat," Niall said. "I knew it was her when I saw her short blonde hair."

"Does Zayn know?" Liam asked. "Where is Zayn anyways?" Harry asked. "I know where he should be. Here by Jasmine's side like a good boyfriend would do," Zachary muttered. I cringed at the word, boyfriend.

"They are not dating anymore," Niall said. "What?" Everyone chorused together with great astonishment. "Yeah. They broke up a few weeks ago because of-" "Perrie," everyone confirmed. I wanted to cry at the moment but I couldn't. I couldn't even move.

We heard the door open and a doctor's voice. "Visiting hours are closing in a few minutes. We will need everyone gone in ten minutes." "Can we have a few minutes alone with her?" Zachary asked. I heard another sigh. "Yes but make it quick," the doctor said.

We heard feet shuffling and a door closed. I felt the bed dip besides me again and a hand take mine. "Jasmine. It's me, your brother." "I need you to wake up now. You been gone for far too long and I need you back. Everyone does," he cried. "I only have a few minutes to talk to you before the others come in," he sighed.

"I miss you. I miss your stubbornness and my sister. Please wake up. I know you can hear me," he paused for a moment before lightly shaking me but I didn't move. I couldn't. "Please," he croaked out. "It's time to wake up," he entreated.