~If Only You Remember Chapter 53~

If Only You Remember Chapter 53

Jasmine's Pov:

"I never loved him. He hurt me too much to ever love him again. This was all a misunderstanding for him. I played him all along just to show him how much I hurt."

I kept telling myself over and over again that I never loved him. There was no sparks between us. No love. I was wrong, I am in love with him. I always have been. I learned to confess to myself and everything would be easier to understand.

He means more to me than he will ever know. More than I will ever show. I should of known the consequences of falling for him again. I thought that maybe just maybe he would pick up the broken pieces he left. Instead he shattered them even more into tiny pieces and left.

Left with out another word. He didn't believe me instead he believed her. I frowned at the thought of her. She ruined almost everything that was given to me. My boyfriend-ex boyfriend- and my dignity.

I hung my head in shame. I cried silently to myself in my arms. I pulled my knees closer to my body where I was tucked in a tight ball. Hot tears fell freely down from my eyes, they traveled down my cheeks and landed on my collarbones.

I heard my bedroom creak open and slowly close behind the person. I felt the other side of the bed dip. A warm hand rubbed my back and tried their best to give me comfort. "It will be okay," he whispered.

I turned over and pulled the person in my arms. Their cologne filled my nose instantly making me relax. He wrapped his arms around my body and pulled me closer to him.

I cried on his black t-shirt making a wet spot from my tears. He didn't seem to notice it and instead he held me in his long arms. "I saw Zayn," His thick Irish accent spoke. I looked up to be met with a pair of blue sincere eyes. "You saw him?"

"Yeah, when I was walking to come see if you were okay, he was speeding away in his car. When he saw me he stopped and got out to speak," Niall said with sadness in his face. "Well he got out and he was speechless. I asked him what was the matter and he just ignored me," he said while biting his lip.

My eyes widened and Niall began to carry on. "I said what's the matter again and he just bit his bottom lip with red watery eyes. He began to sob and just cry out in front of me," he continued.

"Really?" I asked while looking at the bottom of the bed. "Where is he now?" I asked. "I don't know," he said feeling sorry for me. "Oh Okay," I said almost crying again. Niall noticed and made me look up at him. My mascara ran down my face in which he could see. I was slightly embarrassed but he didn't seem to care.

"Jasmine you have mascara down your face," He said as he looked a bit sad. He noticed I have been crying before he got here. "I do?" I said laughing quietly as I tried not being embarrassed. I looked away trying to get it off. He chuckled as he watched me.

"Here," he took the end of his jacket sleeve and began to wipe it off from under my eyes. He wipes the mascara off slowly. "You have mascara on your jacket now," I said while lightly laughing. He laughed along. "Never mind that. It was worth it," he smiled. "I can wash if for you if you would like," I offered.

"It is okay. It doesn't bother me. I want to make sure you are better or not," he said. My bottom lip trembled as more tears fells. He sighed and pulled me in a hug.

"Everything will be fine," he whispers. "Maybe," I suggested. "It will. Zayn is hard headed and stubborn. Same with you, both of you together is a hand full," he explained. I looked at him gobsmacked. "I am not," I protested.

"See, sure you are." He laughed. I smiled and laughed. "I guess your right." "Love will find its way," he said. "If only he remembered Perrie had done the same thing to him like he did to you," he shook his head.

I lifted my head up from his chest. "Done what?" I asked. His eyes widen at what he had told me. "Don't tell anyone I said that," he said. "Tell me," I demanded. He sighed as he gave up. "Remember how he forgot about you?" He asked.

I shook my head. "Yes. Let's not bring that up again," I said. "Well, same thing happened to him. Perrie being her cold hearted person forgot all about him. She is too conceited of herself to even think of others which led to her forgetting him once they broke up for the second time," he explained. "How many times have they been together?" I asked.

"More than you think," he said. I sat back against the back board of the bed. "Please do not tell anyone I told you. Everyone would go insane if they knew I told you," he entreated. "Especially if Zayn ever remembers."

"If only he remembers," I muttered to myself. "What happens if he remembers?" I asked. I was curious to know. "To be honest, I'm not sure. I guess many things could happen," he shrugged.

I nodded in response. "Promise?" he asked. I looked up at him to see his eyes were filled with hope that I would promise him. I furrowed my eyebrows and said, "What if I don't?"

His eyes widen in fear. A chuckle escaped my lips. "I'm kidding. Of course I will. Like you will do the same for me," I said. He nervously chuckled. "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows together.

"It's nothing," he shrugged it off. He slowly began to stand up but I pulled him back onto the bed. "No, tell me. What did you do?" I demanded. "Well, you see. Louis knows about the Perrie issue," he flinched as he got ready for a hit.

"Niall! Are you crazy? I told you mot to say anything," I frowned. "He only knows about your's and Zayn's break up because of Perrie but not why," he defended. "Still," I whined. "You told." "I'm sorry. It just slipped out," he said.

I sighed and said, "I guess it is fine." "I am really sorry," he said. "It is okay Niall," I said. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I rested my head against his shoulder.

"I mean everything could of gone worse," I said. "With Perrie," I added. "Your right," he said. "Where are the others?" I asked. "Out of town doing some shopping," he said.

"I told them you were not feeling well," he said. "They should know now why I didn't come. Louis probably told them," I said. "Maybe he did. Who knows?" He said. We fell silent.

A thick, ashy smell filled our noses. "What is that smell?" I coughed and fanned the air with my hand. "It smells like gas," he coughed besides me. It began to get foggy in here from smoke.

We stood up and ran to the door. My heart sped up as I thought the most terrible thing that may be happening. I opened the door and was hit by hot air of flames. I coughed and fanned the air by my nose. "Is there a fire?" Niall yelled in panic.

My eyes widen as I ran out in the hall. Hot fiery flames were down in the living room and kitchen. They slowly made their way up the stairs. "Niall," I cried out in panic. I covered my nose with my sleeve of my shirt.

I turned around to find Niall missing. "Niall!" I yelled. I ran back in my room to find him missing. "Niall," I cried. I ran out of my room and down to Makayla's room only to find it empty. I checked all the bedrooms and bathrooms to find them empty.

I ran out in the hallways and yelled once again. "Niall!" I heard coughing on the other side of the hall. I turned around to see Niall running out of a closet with black smudges on his cheek.

"Niall!" I began running but stopped once a piece of wood fell down between Niall and I. I couldn't find my way over it with the fire on it. "Jasmine! Are you okay?" Niall shouted over the wood. "Yes," I said. I backed up only to have my arm scrape the burning stair railing.

I screamed and pulled back. "Jasmine," Niall yelled. "I'm okay. Find a window and try to escape. I will try to meet you," I yelled in pain. I gripped onto my arm. "I'm not leaving you here," he demanded. "Go or we both don't get out," I yelled. He seemed undecided before running into a bedroom.

Panic was on my mind as I ran in the other room with a window that was on my side. It was the bathroom. I kicked open the door only to realize the window was too small for me to escape.

My heart sped up as I thought I couldn't get out. I ran out only to have more of the ceiling fall in front of me; trapping me in a corner. The flames grew. The heat grew. The fire grew.

The smoke made it hard for me to see. My vision was becoming blurry by the minute. I was becoming dizzy but I tried to keep myself awake.

There was one thing on my mind and that was, I was going to die. My body became weak and my eyelids fought to close.

Darkness took over me and I was knocked out.

A/n: Sorry for a bit of a short chapter! Here is an update for you all. I am glad I am in thanks giving break. Also happy thanksgiving!!