~If Only You Remember Chapter 38~

If Only You Remember Chapter 38

Jasmine's Pov:

"Oh uh hello? Zayn?" I cautiously said. "Yeah uh hi Jasmine," he nervously spoke. I took a sharp breath in before exhaling to speak.

"Zayn? Why are you calling?" I asked. "I wanted to know where you are at. Everyone says your out," he said a bit hesitant, "You know. Not home."

"Oh they are right about that," I murmured. "What?" He asked. "Oh nothing," I said through gritted teeth. "Oh anyways. I would like to talk," he said.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. I closed my eyes in frustration. "Zayn there is nothing to talk about," I said. "Yes there is," he frustratedly said.

"No Zayn there isn't so don't call again," I snapped. "Jasmine wait-" the line went dead before he could finish. I put my phone back in my pocket.

I put my car key in the ignition and started it. I check my mirrors before I backed out of the parking lot.

My phone went off signaling I had a text. Already knowing who it was, I ignored it.

The ride home didn't take too long. Once I arrived home, I parked the car and took the keys out.

I opened my car door and got out. I took the bags out from the back and locked up my car.

I walked up the driveway and on the porch. I unlocked the house door and walked in, closing the door behind me with my foot.

I walked into the kitchen and placed all the bags on the counter. I jumped up in the counter and let out a long sigh.

All you could hear in the quiet room was the clock ticking. I looked around before I placed my hand in my hands.

I took even breaths as I tried to pull my thoughts together. I looked up and my gaze dropped to my phone.

After a minute of debating I picked it up to see I had twenty-two text messages from Zayn and five miss calls from Zachary and Makayla.

I sighed and turned my phone off. Cutting off all contact with everyone back in London.

~^~

Makayla's Pov:

I sighed and shook my head. "No answer?" Zachary asked. "No," I said as I leaned against the wall. "Same. It goes straight to voicemail," he said. "She turned off her phone?" I asked.

"I guess so," he said as he sat down on the counter next to me. "Why does she have to be so difficult?" I frustratedly asked. He looked at me before looking down at his phone.

His thumb grazed over Jasmine's contact information. "I don't know. It's runs through the family though," he said as he tried to make a joke. I rolled my eyes and looked up at him.

"Not the time," I said. "Sorry," he mumbled. "Maybe we should just leave her be for now. Let her take a breather," he suggested.

"And what? Let her keep running away from her problems?" I frowned. "She needs to learn how to face them and not run," I said.

"Makayla you know what happened last time. What made her change. It's hard for her. She doesn't want to be hurt again," he said as he patted my leg.

I sighed and nodded. "I know. It's just we were in this moving things together. You know? Best friends living together and starting new," I said a bit upset.

"Well that all changed when you ran into Danielle and Eleanor," he said. "Yeah well things happen for a reason right?" I lightly chuckled. He bumped shoulders with me as he smile before speaking.

He licked his lips and said, "Just let Jasmine think things through and I'm sure she will be back."

"And how will you know if she will?" I asked as my eyes formed new tears. I clutched the phone to my chest.

He wrapped an arm around my shoulder and pulled me close as I cried on his chest.

He rubbed my arm and rested his head on the top of my head. "Trust me. I know she will," he said. "It's Jasmine we hard talking about," he said.

I nodded and continued to cry on his chest as he tried to comfort me.

We stayed like that for awhile. Just comforting each other.

A/n: Sorry if its a bit short! I thought you all would like an update(: Jasmine's Outfit is on Polyvore so check that out! Next update shall be up soon!