Chapter 20

Tris POV

It's almost Halloween, so me Chris,  Kae, and Aeries, are all picking out our costumes.

"Don't forget we have to do training in our Halloween costumes." Aeries tells us. 

When we have all picked out our costumes, I got a pair of leggings, and I'm going to wear my "Dauntless and Abnegation" shirt, so I can break the system.. Aeries got a crop top that says "Dauntless Girl" and a pair of high-waisted shorts, so she is going to be a Dauntless born. Chris got a Tank-top and a pair jeans to be herself. Kae got a shirt that says "Dauntless born, wanna mess with me?" and a pair of Capri, so she can be a Dauntless Born.

When we are finished, I walk back to my apartment, with Kae following me. Ever since Tobias, Peter, and Al attacked me, they wont let me walk alone.

"Tris. can I talk to you?" Tobias asks me, while we are walking. 

"Talk away." I tell him.

"Well. I'm sorry. I have just had a huge crush on you, and you kept denying me. I just wanted to get back at you. Can you forgive me?" Tobias says.

Tears form in the corners of my eyes.

"I would. But I just don't feel like it. You tried to kill me, then saved me, to only try to kill me again. I don't think I can." I tell him.

I walk away. 

I get back to my apartment, and see Caleb walk in a couple minutes after us. He is carrying a tub of chocolate ice cream.

"What is that for?" I ask.

"Kaelynne told me to." he tells me.

"Seriously." 

I look over at Kae.

"You owe me five bucks Pedrad." he tells me.

"In your dreams Prior." 

He just laughs.

Then we see something slide through the mail slot in the door, then sway back and forth, falling to the floor.

I go to the door and pick it up. It's a letter from Erudite headquarters.

I read it out loud

"To the parents of Ezekiel, Uriah, and Beatrice Pedrad,

We are now requiring that every kid goes to school at least two times a week, to get a better education, and to learn about different things. You will have initiation every Monday, Wednsday, adn Friday, so you only go to school on Tuesday and Thursday. You will start school tomorrow. All supplies will come from Abnegation.

- Erudite Headquarters."

"WAIT WE HAVE TO GO TO EVEN MORE SCHOOL?" Anthony complains. "WE WENT TO SCHOOL UNTIL WE WERE TEN. NOW WE NEED EVEN MORE?" 

I didn't even realize he walked in.

"I guess" I tell him. "KAE! Lets go into my closet, and pick out an outfit."

She sighs. 

We go into my closet, and pick out some clothes. I pick a black crop top that says "Dauntless Born" in white writing, and a pair of black, ripped, high-waisted shorts, along with my Black combat boots, and a choker. The crop top shows half of my ribs, so you can see my tattoo. Kae picks out a white cami, with a huge black, thick strapped tank-top, that says "Dauntless." on the chest, and a pair of black capris, along with a choker also. Her tank-top shows her tattoo also. 

We decide to go down to dinner, and thats the talk of the place. School. 

After dinner, we all agree on meeting after school to play Candor or Dauntless.