Chapter 11

Tobias POV

I stare at Uriah in amazement, I can't believe he actually has a tattoo. The I look at Tris. She looks so beautiful with that tattoo. I can't tell her that though, she turned me down.

"Hey. Number boy. Close your mouth, or else a bug will fly in." Anthony tells me.

I didn't realize that I had my mouth open.

"BEATRICE NATA-" Zeke starts.

"SHUT UP!" Tris shouts, interrupting him. "URIAH HAS ONE!"

Zeke turns as pale as a ghost.

Tris POV

"Wait why do you both have the same meaning tattoo?" Christina asks.

That was a bad idea.

"It is for our brother." Kae responds, quietly.

Then everybody knows, it is a story that goes around the compound, they had a brother, he would be the same age as Tobias and Zeke, but after one of the choosing ceremonys, when he was about 10, we went to go jump off the train and onto the roof, a transfer landed before him and shoved him off the roof, and he held onto the ledge, the transfer grabbed his hands and pulled them off making him fall, and die. Everybody knows it as the "Never trust Erin. She killed Mikey." story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Caleb, Candor or Dauntless?" I ask him.

"ERUDITE. JUST KIDDING CANDOR!" he replies.

As soon as he said that I clamped my hand over Uriahs mouth.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend." I ask him.

"Yes."

We all act surprised.

"Sorry Tris, but us initiates have to go to bed." Zeke tells me.

Everybody splits up and leaves. We just decide to go to bed.
~~~~~~~

"PSSSST TRIS!" I hear Uriah say.

"WHAT?"

"FOLLOW ME!"

"UGH FINE."

I get down off of the top bunk, and see what he wants.

"We don't have training tomorrow. Lets go get another tattoo." he tells me. "One for dad."

"Okay, but let me change." I tell him.

I put on a pair of shorts, a black sports bra with a crop top over it. I don't even worry about shoes.

I know exactly what I want, where I want it.

We go down to the Tattoo Parlor, and talk to Tori, one of the tattooers.

"I want exactly what Anthony got earlier, but on my left rib." I tell her, and she nods.

When I finish, I go and look in the mirror, and I love it. Only Uriah knows. and it will stay that way.

When he comes out, he has a par on angel wings, on his left wrist.

I show him mine, and looks in awe.

"Wow" he tells me.

We decide to go back to our apartment and go to sleep.

When I wake up the next day, I just put on what I had on last night when I got my second tattoo. The crop top goes all the way down to the end of my ribs. So my tattoo will be covered.

Uriah gets up too, put on a white shirt, and black jeans. Forgetting about his wrist.

"When did you get your first tattoo?" I ask him.

"The day before you did." he tells me.

We go to breakfast with our friends. Anthony grabs the muffin I got, and stands on a chair, and holds it above my head. I reach for it, forgetting about my ribs.

"I knew it!" I hear Kae say.

I immediately out down my arms, and cover my tattoo.

"Dude we watched you walk in to get another one." Anthony tells me.

"Why where you following us?" I ask him.

He shuts his mouth so tight, his lips are a light color.

"I knew I thought I saw you." I tell him. "SHOW ME PEASANT!"

"Well it wasn't me."

I look over at Kaelynne, and she is pulling on her jacket. Anthony goes behind her, and pulls it off, leaving her in a white tank top, with the black ink showing through, on her left shoulder blade. I look at her, and see a butterfly. I know what it means, for her brother, everybody does, even if they don't, they don't ask.

"ANNIE WE HAVE TO GO TRAIN!" I yell.

We walk down to the training room, to see them already there. We start on shooting, then to knives, only spending a few minutes on each. Then it's time to do fear landscapes.

Tobias goes first, I pull him into the room, and hook him up to the machine.

I put a needle on his neck, putting it in a vein, and giving him the liquid.

He drinks it and starts his landscape. He is on top of a building, he looks down, then looks to his right, seeing that he just needs to walk over to the other building, on a wire. There is a voice, telling him it isn't real, his voice to be exact. He looks down, the over, jumping off the building.

He's Divergent.

"Tobias, how long do you think you where in there?" I ask him.

"Like an hour."

"You where in there for five minutes." I tell him, he then opens the door, and runs out. Going to who knows where.