Chapter 5

When I run, I just go to be chasm. I just couldn't handle it. I can't sing.

When I get down the chasm I already see someone there.

"Um high I didn't know anyone was here" I say

"It's fine, are you okay?" She asks

"Yeah I guess, by the way what's your name?" I ask her

"Percy."

"Beatrice, but call me Tris."

"Wait are you the Pedrad twin?"

"In the flesh"

"Wow"

"Yeah, by the way are you a Dauntless born or an initiate?"

"I'm a brand new initiate, I just started today"

"Wait what. We just had a choosing ceremony a couple days ago"

"Yeah but that was the day I turned 16"

Just after she says that I hear foot steps coming towards us, along with voices.

"She's an amazing singer, why did she run away?" I hear a deep male voice. Zeke.

"I have no idea." Tobias.

We squat down.

"Percy. Beatrice. Get out from under there." We hear Uriah say from behind us.

We get out. "Come to my apartment." I tell Percy.

We then go to my apartment.

~~~~~~~~~
"So why did you just join initiation?" I ask.

"Well, then Erudite changed to rules. So now when you turn 16, the day of your birthday, you go to get the test, the next you chose, then the next you pack up your belongings, and leave." She tells me.

"Wow so I won't have people with me anymore. Like my group. And people that are new will come in everyday?" I half ask and half say.

"Yeah, but I have to go, I have to get back to my bunk." I sigh.

"Okay well tell Tobias I said hi" I tell her.

"Okay goodnight."

"Goodnight"

Then I crawl into bed. And fall into a heavy sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~
I wake up to the sound of my name.

"TRIS" someone says in a yelling whisper.

I sit up after a few times, know it's not one of my brothers.

I see Tobias.
"Tobias?" I ask
"Yes now come on"

I jump off the top bunk, and grab my combat boots, and start running with him.

When we reach the hallway outside of my apartment, I start asking questions.

"Where are we going?" I ask him.

"We are going down to the simulation room, I want you to try out the aptitude tests."

I don't question him anymore I just walk side by side with him.

When we reach the control room I see Percy.

"Hey Percy"

"Hey. Drinks this"

I look at Tobias.

"To- Four is it safe?"

"I promise" I hear in a response.

I drink it, close my eyes, then open them again.

I look to my left and see the room is covered in mirrors. I stand up out of the chair, then it disappears. I walk over to a mirror, and press my hand up against it.

"Choose." I hear. I snap my hear around, and see myself.

"Choose" she repeats.

I look down to my side and see little tables, some with meat, another with a knife.

"Why?" I ask.

"Choose." She repeats again. "Or suit yourself."

She disappears. Then I hear growling, I turn around and see a dog, a growling dog, with its teeth snarled, and drool hanging out of its mouth.

I look over to the little tables again, but they have vanished.

The dog starts chasing me, and I run. I fall to my knees, guarding my face with my hands. Then I hear whimpering from the animal.

I open my fingers to see a puppy, I pet it. Just after I connect my hand to the nape of its neck, I hear a little girl.

"Aww puppy" she says

I snap around my head, and see she is an Abnegation girl.

The puppy turns into the dog again. Starting to run after her. I run after it, and pounce on it. Then it disappears into the floor.

The scenery changes, I'm now on a bus, holding a handle. When a Abnegation Male asks me a question.

"Do you know who this is?" He asks pointing to the news paper. I see a picture of Tobias.

"Um no I don't actually" I reply.

"Are you sure? If you do it can save everybody." He tells me.

He pulls down the news paper, and I see Marcus Eaton. Tobias' and Aeries' father.

"I'm positive, I have no idea." I tell him. Lying through my chattering teeth.

He then grabs my wrist. "I know that you know who he is" he tells me.

Then I wake up, back in the control room, with Tobias and Percy.

"Oh my god." I hear Tobias say.

He starts to remove cords he put on me while I was sleeping. He acting like he's on edge, or scared.

"Umm ok. We need to keep this a secret." I hear Percy.

"Wait what's going on?" I ask. "What where my results? Do I need to try and change them, just so when I turn 16 I get Dauntless?"

"Umm actually no." Percy says sharply.

"What where my results then."

"Okay I'm going to put these in ord-" Tobias tells me.
"These?" I question.

"Well I'm going to put these in order. Dauntless, Amity, Abnegation, and Erudite. But if you would have said you may have know who the person was, then you would be all five." He tells me.

"Here, I'll walk you back to you apartment. I don't want Uriah or Zeke mad at you. Or to be worried." Percy tells me.

I give Tobias a kiss on then cheek and leave. Thinking about what I just found out. Walking with Percy in silence, only hearing the water rushing against the Chasm wall.