Chapter 9

Tris POV

"URIAH ARE YOU OKA-" I hear Anthony say, while he is bursting through the door. "TRIS?!?!"

He pulls me into a bone crushing hug, showing that he missed me.

"ANTHONY-CANT-BREATH" I say gasping for air.

He lets go.

"Why did you hug me?" I question nervously "We barely even high five, WHY DID YOU HUG ME?"

He just shrugs.

Percy then walks in, with wide eyes, and then runs out when she sees me. I run after her, trying to figure out where she is going.

We run to the chasm, and I see Tobias.

"Umm will you go out on a date with me?" he asks.

I look at him, and run, just running where ever. I just went through and made myself have two factions, just to save Abnegation, I have to train with both of them, help train the year ahead Dauntless borns, and also deal with my brothers. I don't also need a boyfriend.

"Bea? Are you okay?" Anthony asks me.

"Yeah, it's just Four just asked me out, and I don't need a boyfriend. Annie what do I do?" I ask.

"I really have no idea. I'm destine to be forever alone."

"You always have a way of cheering me up, don't you?" I ask while laughing.

I then see that he has one hand behind his back.

"Pineapple?" he asks me, pulling a pineapple from behind his back.

I look up at his face, and into his hazel green eyes, and tell him "You are an idiot."

"NOOOOOOOOO" he screams and starts fake crying.

"Annie, stop." I say holding back laughter.

"I WILL AVENGE YOU!" he yells to me.

"Do you even know what avenge means?" I ask him confused.

"Actually no, I don't."

I roll my eyes and walk away.

I go down to the cafeteria for lunch, I get a hamburger, and went to sit down.

"Hey stiff!" I hear a new initiate say.

I don't even reply.

"HEY STIFF!" he says louder.

Anthony sits right next to me.

"HEY STIFF" he screams as loud as he can.

"THIS STIFF IS A DAUNTLESS PRODIGY!" Anthony says annoyed.

"Yeah, sure, we'll see. We have gun range and knives right after lunch." He is telling me.

Just after he says that, the new female initiate goes up behind him, and slaps the back of his head. "PETER SHUT UP!" she screams.

She is a mocha skinned girl, tall, and has dark hair.
~~~~~~~

When we get finished with lunch, we go to the gun range, seeing we will be with Tobias and Zeke. I sigh.

I start loading a gun, when I feel a tug on my arm. Amar.

"Fool that Peter kid. Shoot badly, and if confronts you, just say something along the lines of seeing you with the knives, the knives you will do good. Just do bad with shooting, just to lead him on." He tells me, and I agree.

When I finish loading, I go over to a target, and aim for the wood outline, around the target.

"Oops." I say.

The rest of the shooting range goes like that, pretending to have my aim off.

"Hey stiff, you are terrible." Peter tells me.

"Yeah you should see me with knives." I tell him.

He laughs.

When we are finished, we go to the targets for the knives, and Amar starts his anouncement.

"Hit the target, not each other. Tris, come up here, and show who can throw the knives and hit perfect. Then after that, go outside, and show them how to actually shoot a target." He says.

Peter lets out a chuckle.

I grab a knife, throw it in the air, as soon as it touches my hand I release, it hits the target, dead center.

"Okay now to go outside." I say.

Peter POV

  "Hit the target, not each other. Tris, come up here, and show who can throw the knives and hit perfect. Then after that, go outside, and show them how to actually shoot a target." Amar says.

I don't think she out hit a target, even if she was right there and just had to poke it. I have to laugh at that last part of his speech.

She goes over to the targets, pick up a knife, throws it in the air, it barely lands in her hand before she releases.

"Okay, now lets go outside." she says, smiling.

Her smile is pretty cute, scratch that, she is pretty cute. WHY DO I HAVE A CRUSH ON THE STIFF?!?! I yell in my head.

"Good for you, there are three stiffs in this class." she tells me.

I must have been thinking out loud again.

"Oh yeah like you can figure out which one." I tell her acting defensive.

"Well there's me, Aeries, and Four. So your options are pretty low."

Just then Anthony-I think his name is Anthony-sneaks up behind her, and starts talking to her. They are acting like they're dating, which makes me jealous.

"I heard that" Tris tells me.

"Yeeeaaaahhhh I would never date her in a million years." Anthony says.

"Yeeeaaahhhh same goes for you A-" she says getting cut off.

"I told you not to call me that." he wines.

"I was just going to call you An, dang." she says.

When they finish arguing, Tris picks up a gun, and hits the target, spot on.

Perfect, shes pretty, a Dauntless Prodigy, and a Stiff. I think sarcastically.

"I know right, I am perfect." she says.

WHY DO I KEEP THINKING OUT LOUD!!!!