Chapter 2

Tris POV

When I fall backwards the Stiff looked so worried. So did everybody else. On my way down I just start laughing, by their confusion. When I hit the net, I move to my right, then Uriah hits it too. We get off, and we see Tori look so confused.

"Don't you two jump together?" she asks. We explain the whole story to her. Then we hear a noise when someone hits the net. The Stiff.

"Hey... Uh Pedrad girl. Are you okay?" he asks, looking me dead straight in the eye.

"Hey... Uh Eaton boy. Are you still scared?" I tease.

"Point made. So you're okay?'

"Which Pedrad girl are you talking to Stiff?"

he looks at me to Uriah.

"I'm talking to the Pedrad girl that is actually pretty cute." He says

"Hey there you go Uri have fun." I say while patting Uriah on the back.

"No, I mea-"

"I know what you meant. Yes I am fine." I say.

He holds out his hand for me to shake. "Tobias" he says.

"Pedrad girl." I say taking his hand.

He laughs.

"Umm how about you two stop flirting, because we got another Stiff coming down." Tori says tormenting us.

"Yeah sounds good, lets go Eaton."

"BEATRICE NATALIE PEDRAD!" I hear Tori yell. "YOU CANT LEAVE WITH THE INITIATES"

"Yeah Tris!" I hear Uriah call back.

"URIAH SHUT UP" I yell, grabbing his hand and running off. We are almost back to our apartment, when we hear "LAST JUMPER: ZEKE"

We both roll our eyes and keep running.

~~~~~~~~~~~

When Zeke comes back to the "Pedrad Place" me and Uri go into our bedroom, and under our bunk bed, and grab our Candor or Dauntless poster.
"CANDOR OR DAUNTLESS. PEOPLE ALOUD TO PLAY ARE: SHAUNA, MARLENE, URIAH, ZEKE, TRIS, BOTH OF THE STIFFS, ERIC! THE REST OF YOU: GO HOME!"

We put the names on it with a dry erase marker, adding all of the people Zeke met today.

"People asked if we where going to have our annual Candor or Dauntless party. Along with if they where invited, so I told them 'Come by, and if your name is not on the poster then you cant come!"

We put up the poster and everybody comes in and gets in a circle.

"ONE OF THE STIFFS GO FIRST!" I scream.

"Um. I'll go first." Tobias says. "Uh Pedrad, Candor or Dauntless?"

"First off, all the Pedrads ALWAYS pick Dauntless, second, Dauntless" I reply

"I dare you to come and kiss me" He asks laughing.

I give him a death glare, and take off my crop top, leaving just a tank top.

I wanted to kiss him so badly, but I saw the death glare in Uri and Zekeys eyes. I didn't want to get punched, and I didn't want him to get punched.

Tobias POV

"I dare you to come kiss me" I say giving off a fake laugh.

I only told her that because she is so cute. I don't even know her real name. I zoned out when they said her name, she is just so pretty.

She gives me a death glare, a fake one in fact, and takes off her crop top, making me even more uncomfortable, with her in a tank top.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Aeries." She says.

"DAUNTLESS!" Aeries screams

"I dare you to go and sit in Zekeys lap!"

Aeries doesn't even hesitate. She and Zeke are already best friends.

"TOBY!" Aeries screams

"DANG AERY I'M NOW DEF"

The Pedrad girl laughs.

"CANDOR OR DAUNTLESS"

"CANDOR"

"YOU PANSYCAKE" The Pedrads scream all at once.

"DO YOU HAVE A CRUSH ON THE PEDRAD GIRL?!?!" Aeries screams.

"NO I DON'T" I lie through my teeth. I do like her. But I will never admit that.

~~~~~~~~~~

Aeries POV

Dang. I thought he would tell the truth. I know he has a crush on Tris.

"Aeries, Candor or Dauntless?" I hear Tobias say.

"I AM NOT A GOSH DARN PANSYCAKE" I yell back.

"Okay I dare you, to go down to the Chasm, hug the first person you see, whisper in their ear "I have always loved you" and give them a kiss on the cheek. Then the second person you see, you go up to them and say "They just rejected me, now you have to love me."

I. Hate. Tobias.

"Oh and we get to video tape it!" I hear Ezekiel say.

I walk out the door, and go to the Chasm.

Tobias Pov

I am the last to leave, besides the Pedrad girl. I start walking out the door, but she grabs my arm, pulls me to her. "Dang shes strong" I think.

"Thanks" she says.

"I was thinking out loud wasn't I?" I ask.

She nods in return.

She pulls me closer, gets on her tippy-toes, and kisses me. At first I don't kiss back, but I end up kissing back.

When she pulls back, I look at her, her beautiful features, her beautiful personality.

"I just kissed you, I am falling in love with you, and I don't even know your name." I tell her.

"My name is Tris." She tells me.

We both walk out of the door, and down to the chasm. We watch Aeries do her dare, while we are holding hands, but hiding in the shadows so nobody sees.