"So, Lets talk about this." My mom gestures towards me and jack holding hands under the table.

"Oh uhhh..." I trailed off, pulling my hand from jack. What do I say? I can't explain something like this in front of Jenna or David. They'll think of me as some whore.

"So you two moving in with each other?" She tries to clarify. I let a small sigh of relief and nod my head.

"Of course my best friend and his girlfriend will be here to...but..." jack trailed off nervously.

"But?" My mom seemed a little too interested, this even caught my attention. I turn to look at him.

"Me and my best friend are going on tour in a couple of weeks. Just for a few months for a small tour." He says nervously.

Why didn't he say anything to me about this? I mean it's happening in a couple of weeks but why not tell me first and not at a table with others.
Maybe I'm a little clingy to this small subject, right?

I shake the thoughts off and smiled at him, picking at my food a little more.

My mom sound happy and interested. She spent most of dinner talking about his career and success.

It still bugged me that he would drop something like this in front of my mom and not even tell me anything.

~*~*~

I had taken car of the dishes and was helping my mom dry them. I didn't know where they went but my mom guided me a little with it.

Soon I felt a arm wrap around me and pull me back.
"I'll take care of them babe. You go talk with Jenna. She's in her room. Which is down two doors from our room." Jack kissed my cheek and takes the dish rag out of my hand along with the dish I was drying.

I nod my head and pecked him on the lips before heading off to Jenna's room. I head down two doors from our room and knocked softly on her door. I could faintly hear some music playing in the back.

I smiled giddily at it. She seemed to be a fan of nirvana. The door opens with a creaking noise and there stood a shy Jenna hiding behind the door.

"Y-yes?" She stuttered.

"I wanna talk hon. May I come in?" I asked nicely.
She nods her head slowly and hesitantly opens the door wider for me to enter. Once I do, she shuts the door behind me and walks back to her bed.

Her room was a bit different from the rest of the house. Red walls and she had black carpet.

It was like a dark, gloomy, big room.

The song playing in the background now was balcony scene by pierce the veil.

"What is that you want?" She seemed so distant and off. She looked like she just laid in bed the whole day and slept.

I dust off an area on her dirty bed that was cluttered up with scrunched up papers and pencils and books.
I sat down at the end of her bed and looked her dead in the eyes.

"I heard about you're mom...my dad left too..." and just like that the amphitheater in the room was thin...it was so silent. She didn't make any eye contact. She had her eyes glued to her notebook while he scribbled.

"She told me and my dad that she was going to go get my birthday present from the car...she never came back and my dad was missing all his cash and credit cards." She looked down at her hands and her tone of voice was soft and raspy. She was scared.