Chapter 63: Suprise!

Start from the beginning

"Let me get dressed!" I scold at him, but I soon burst into laughter.

"Fine." he moans and drags himself out of the bedroom. I hear him go downstairs so I get changed into denim shorts and a light peachy chiffon top. I pull on brown sandals. I tug my hair up into a messy bun. I check all my jewellery and then slide downstairs.

Everyone is in deep conversion, except Nevaeh and Rosalie. I shimmy past everyone and over to Cato. I kiss his cheek.

"Love you." I whisper as I pass him. I take Nazera off Astrel gingerly. Rosalie suddenly appears next to me.

"You ready hun?" she asks me.

"I sure am. We'll see you later." I call. 

"With good news!" Cato corrects me.

"Yes with good news." I repeat. Rosalie and I depart the house and soon the meadow. We talk about Cato and how hard this must be for him, this is the first year without his father.

But all that time, in the back of my head, all I could think about was how do I tell Cato. Nazera seems to notice my worry as she begins to fret.

"Easy Nazera hunny, everything's okay." I tell her, and miraculously, she eases.

* * * * * * * * * *

"Well....?" Cato asks afterRosalie and I return home an hour or so later.

"She's perfectly fine!" I grin and throw Nazera into the air, catching her swiftly and spinning around.

I soon feel Cato's warm hands on my forearms. I rest my head against his chest. "Brilliant!" he smiles. He buries his face in my hair and I feel his breath on me.

"I knew she'd be okay!" Rosalie laughs. Cato scowls at his older sister.

"We have a visitor. She's in the kitchen."

"She?" I reply as Cato releases my atms and shuts the door behind him. Rosalie disappears ahead of us into the kitchen.

I hear a scream.

Cato chuckles as I flee to the kitchen. Inside, stands a tanned Carlee.

"Clove?!" Carlee yells in pure giddiness. "It's been forever! How're you babe?"

"Carlee?" I chorus. I hear Astrel squeal from behind me. Carlee encases me in a hug.

I embrace her and all I can afford to say is "Why are you here?"

"Well I decided it was to time to grow up and come home, especially for Cato's birthday!"

"For good?" Rosalie almost begs.

"I'm 'fraid not Rosie. For a week or so, I'll he around a lot more often though."

"Where are the kids? And Lyme?"

"Skye has a killer cold, I couldn't bring her and Lyme's mother is in hospital so I came on my own. You dony mind, do you?"

"Not at all!" I can see the joy on Cato's face. I lean myself against him. He wraps his arm around me.

"Who's this angel? This Nazera?" she asks everyone.

"Isn't she beautiful?" Cato asks. "She's such a peaceful baby."

"Can I hold her?" Carlee asks me. I nod and hand over my baby.

"I said she can stay here, that okay?" Cato whispers. I reply with a nod and a smile.

"And what's this about you two getting married? No one decided to tell me, hmm?"

Oakley snorts loudly and I snigger lightly too. Carlee pushes her golden brown hair out of her eyes.