shivers down your spine

Fun fact: i was so determined to get this out that i wrote it in about half an hour while i shouldve been studying

.

"Spooky scary skeletons, send shivers down your spine..."

"Ze? Ze! Buddy, you look so cute in your little pirate costume!" Anthony laughed excitedly as he came up to Steven, having to yell over the crowd in order to be heard.

"Oh! Thanks!" Steven smiled, praying that his blush wasn't noticeable. "Did Smarty and the others come, too, or are they not here?"

"Of course they're here! I just.. Don't know where. Besides, I'm here for you! This is our night to hang out, alright?"

Steven felt his heart flutter at the thought. "Yeah. And you look really cool in your knight stuff, by the way. Where did you even find a sword like this?"

Anthony grinned proudly, puffing out his chest as he showed off the impressive-looking sword he brought. It was fake, of course, but it looked eerily realistic, with a few scratches here and there.

"Adam got it for me."

"Oh. That explains nothing at all," Steven said thoughtfully.

"Whatever! That doesn't matter anyways." Anthony wrapped an arm around Steven's waist, leading him towards the snacks sitting on a table. "Come look! We got orange soda just for you!"

Steven chuckled. Looking at the mess of snacks laying on the table, he couldn't help but notice the empty bottle of liquor lying next to the bowl of punch.

"Did someone spike the punch?"

Anthony laughed in response, shrugging nonchalantly. "I dunno! I guess there's only one way to find out, huh?"

Steven rolled his eyes. "Well, I guess. I mean, it's not a high school party if people don't get drunk, right? Besides- it's only one drink, it... it shouldn't be that bad, right?"

Steven looked down into the cup Anthony had handed him. He then looked up at Anthony himself, and then down at Chilled's cup. "Okay. On three?"

Anthony nodded.

"One!"

"Two!"

"Three!"

With that, they both raised their cups, drinking the entire thing in one go. Steven wrinkled his nose at the taste- though you couldn't smell the alcohol, you could definitely taste it.

They both looked at each other, then laughed as they made their way back into the crowd.

.

Some time later, Steven's giddy with excitement and currently watching Anthony do push-ups because someone challenged him.

"Chilly Willy, go! You... Y-you got this, buddy!" His voice slurs and he hiccups a few seconds later, but the excitement in his voice is evident.

His attention is shifted to a trio of boys wearing animal print and cat masks, all laughing and singing to whatever song was playing.

Before Steven can call out to them, because he's almost certain that at least one of them is Adam, everyone's cheering and chanting "Chilled! Chilled!" Steven, slightly startled and completely intrigued, begins chanting along, grinning when Anthony wins the contest.

His opponent, who looked vaguely familiar, is laying flat on the floor with Anthony standing and wearing a cocky smirk on his face. He comes towards Steven, swaying gently from side to side, babbling all kinds of things despite Steven only hearing the word "cute."

"You look hot," Steven says without thinking. And instead of the embarrassment he was so used to, he only feels confidence running alongside the alcohol in his veins. "We should make out."

Anthony gives him a look of disbelief. "W-woah. You're drunk buddy, aren't ya? Well... Hah! I'm drunk too!" Anthony cackles loudly, before slamming his lips onto Steven's so suddenly that they fell over.

.

The lights are a little too bright, and the room a little too crowded, but none of that seems to matter.

Anthony's here, and he's on top of Steven, and Steven is vaguely aware of the music playing loudly.

They're in a corner, and they're all over each other. One moment they were dancing, drunken and happy, and now they're making out.

Hands are on his hips and lips against his neck, all Steven can think is Anthony and he realizes that he wouldn't have it any other way.

Of course, the thought leaves as quickly as it came, Steven's mind not really able to think about much. He was drunk. He was making out with his future husband. That was about all there was to it.

A wonderful night, indeed.

.

//i have no idea how to write drunk people whoops

/////also the next chapter is entirely from Bryce's view so be warned