Anthony has issues with pimps

"Where's Adam?" Max looked around, a worried look on his face.

Ritz sighed. "Adam texted me. Said he met a girl, and apparently they're running away to Valhalla. I'm not sure how to take it."

Anthony rolled his eyes. "Knowing him, he's probably serious. Adam's a pretty smooth talker when he wants to be."

Max turned to Steven, then gestured for him to come closer. "Come on now, Ze. Don't be so shy, they're not gonna bite. Do I have to call Minx and tell her you're being anti-social again?"

Steven shook his head, making Max laugh. He went up besides Anthony, and looked over his shoulder. Anthony was staring intently at...

"Glitter bow ties? What's this for?"

Anthony shrugged. "Seemed like something Adam would want. Also, it reminded me that I still don't know what I'm dressing up as."

"I'm still going as a pirate. Ritz and maybe Adam are pimps, and Max is... something, probably." Steven gave Max a look.

"Excuse you, I'm going as a Ghostbuster with Nick and Renee." Max scoffed at them, shaking his head as though they were supposed to know that already.

"I have no idea who they are, but okay then. You do you." Steven looked around, before giving a small laugh. "Dude, look at these sweaters. They're perfect."

Ritz gasped, then ran over and held one up. "Fuck yeah! Neon orange pumpkin sweaters? C'mon guys, let's buy one for Adam!"

Steven shook his head. Max seemed hesitant, but Chilled was clearly all for this.

"Can we force him into it?" Anthony was intrigued.

Ritz grinned maniacally. "Only if you help me."

They both laughed, then ran off to the front of the store to pay for it.

Max looked at Steven, then gave a warm smile. "Hey. You okay, Steven?"

Steven shrugged. "I guess I'm just nervous about the party. I don't do well with those kind of things, and I can't really back out of it now that I invited Chilly..."

Max patted his back gently. "It'll be fine. You got this, okay? Now let's go find the others before they waste all their money on dumb shit for us."

.

"I've decided that I'm going as a knight, because knights are cool and strong, just like me."

Bryce, from his spot at the other side of the table in art, didn't bother to look up from his paper. He just nodded, then went back to finishing whatever he was doing. Homework, probably.

"Well, they're also slow and covered in some ten pounds of bulky armor- so yeah, just like you." Steven smiles over at his friend.

Anthony pouts slightly, even more so when Bryce starts giggling beside him.

"Hey, Bryce, I don't see you coming up with anything better." Anthony gave a smirk, waiting for a response.

"Me? I'm going as a kitty pimp with Adam and Ritz." He giggles again, and claps excitedly. "It's gonna be great!"

"Are all my friends pimps or something? I swear, this is some conspiracy shit." Anthony shakes his head, then begins to write on his paper.

It then occurs to Steven that he hasn't started his work. And there's only ten minutes left in class, so he's stuck rushing through this.

"Steven? They need you in the office. Mrs. Quake wants to see you. "

Steven nodded, and stood up. Anthony handed him his bag, giving a questioning look. Steven shrugged it off, then walked out of the room.

Making his way to the principal's office, he opened the door to see Mrs. Quake, with her long purple hair and professional-looking outfit. She looked up from some papers she was sorting out, then smiled brightly.

"Steven! It's great to see you. Sit down, will you? I just wanna have a little chat. It's nothing bad, I promise."

Pulling out the chair, Steven did as asked and sat across from her, feeling a bit nervous. Yeah, she said it wasn't anything bad, but...

Steven still felt a little nervous.

"So. I know you're new here, and I know you've probably been a bit busy with school and Halloween, but..." She paused, tapping her finger on the desk as she read over the papers.

"But?" Steven raised an eyebrow.

"How would you feel about joining student council? You've got good grades, your teachers say you're a wonderful student, and I understand you're not the most social person, but I couldn't think of anyone who would be better for it than you. I'm not saying you have to take it, but I would like for you to at least consider it."

She spoke so much, all at once that Steven was amazed someone could say all that without tripping or stumbling over her words. Is this what being a principal does to you?

Impressive.

"Uh... I need a few days to think about it, if that's okay. It's just a little sudden, and.." Steven found himself staring down at his lap, fiddling with the hem of his shirt out of habit.

"Of course! Come back in a few days when you've decided, alright? Now let's get you a pass to your next class... What teacher do you have?"

"Chemistry with Mr. Thompson."

She chuckles to herself. "Ah. He's pretty fun to hang around. At least, when he isn't freaking out over something." Mrs. Quake handed Steven a paper torn off a notepad, then smiled again at him. "Well, here you go. I'll see you around, okay? Have a good day, Steven!"

Steven gave a smile in return. "Thanks, Mrs. You have a good day too!" With that, he was back on his way to chemistry.

When he walked in, he was instantly dragged over to Adam's desk.

"Ze! Where were you? I thought I was gonna have to suffer here all by my lonesome!"

Steven sighed. "You're not gonna believe what happened."

.
Fun fact: i took out a part from this chapter because it seemed really out of place to me, and now I have this piece floating around in my drafts that i don't know what to do with.