green is not a creative color

(i had no idea what to title this, sorry)

~~

Anthony felt very conflicted right now.

He had been sitting in art, when the teacher announces that they'll be working on a project, both in and out of class. That was fine, that was something Anthony could easily handle. He could do that.

But then, the teacher begins reading off names, in pairs of two.

"Mark and Jack, Felix and Marzia..."

There's some cheering from one side of the classroom.

"Edwin and Seamus, James and Nick..."

More cheering, though James looks a little upset.

This, mind you, is where Anthony realizes that they're doing this project in partners.

Anthony found himself panicking. Like, hardcore panicking, which is impressive if you consider how good Anthony is at panicking. He hardly knew anybody in the class.

So he would either be paired up with somebody he doesn't know, or he gets paired up with somebody he (maybe) hardly knows.

It's gonna be awkward either way. And-

Oh.

What if he gets paired up with Steven? Yeah, he kinda fucked up last time, but at least they know each other, right? No, no, it'd be even more awkward. He legitimately scared the poor guy off last time, who's to say he wouldn't do it again?

Looking across the room at said boy, Anthony felt a twinge of jealousy as he watched Steven and Bryce look at each other hopefully. It was obvious that they were hoping to be partners, but...

Why can't he look at me that way?

"And... Bryce, you get to work with Steven, don't make me regret putting you two together, alright?"

The two laugh and high five each other, celebrating like they just won a trip to Disney or something. Anthony looks around, before frowning slightly. His name was never called, what was he supposed to do?

"Oh! Anthony, uh..." The teacher frowns slightly, looking around the room before continuing," We have an odd number of students. Anthony, just go work with Steven and Bryce."

Anthony nods, ignoring the butterflies in his stomach, and goes over to the two. He quickly regrets his decision to go over, however, because the second he sits down he's met with bright, beautiful green eyes.

Anthony swallows, his mouth feeling dry all of a sudden. He completely disregarded the fact that Steven was, well... Steven.

They made an agreement to meet up at Steven's place after school. Anthony didn't really remember agreeing to it, but then again, that's what happens when Anthony spends half the class observing Steven.

He learned a lot in that time, despite what some people might think. And as he made his way to his next class, big green eyes and dorky smiles were all he could think about.

In fact, he was so lost in his own mind, that Adam was starting to get pissed off.

"Chilled! Chilled, earth to Chilled! Do you read me?" Adam's all up in his face, giggling like the madman he is.

Wait. Hold on, why the hell is Adam here?

"Adam? What- Why are you here? I thought you had chemistry right now?"

Adam grins and shrugs slightly, shaking his head. "I got sent in here for being bad. Mr. Vanoss didn't appreciate my business idea. Said that dick bows are dumb, can you believe that?"