The Spooky Banana Special

Warning: this part consists solely of Adam and Cathy.

"Ooh, ooh! What if I become a banana pimp? That would be awesome! Where are the top hats? I need a yellow one." Adam turned and ran off towards the hat section, giggling excitedly to himself.

But then he saw a giant, freaky cat mask, and he felt as if he had just saw the love of his life. It was big, it was furry, it was gray, and it just screamed his name. So Adam picked it up and promptly began searching for something to go with it. 

Leopard print stuff works well, right? And since the mask was gray, he would need to touch it up with a bit of color. A nice, big fur coat should do. And some cool pants, because, as far as Adam was concerned, cool pants were all you really needed in life.

He was going to be the coolest cat on the block, no doubt about it.

Putting the mask under his arm, Adam began to go look for anything else that might work. Maybe some headphones?

He was so lost in thought, planning out his genius costume idea, that he wasn't aware he ran into someone until he heard a tiny yelp.

Looking down, Adam saw a girl. She was wearing a dark red hoodie over a flowery shirt, and she looked up at Adam with an embarrassed look on her face.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry about the mask..." her voice is a bit on the quiet side, but it's sweet and Adam feels his heart flutter at the sound.

He also feels a bit of disappointment as be realizes that the amazing cat mask had been destroyed in the fall, an ear having fallen off and some dye spilled onto one side of it.

"Oh. Nah, it's cool. Are you okay, sweetheart?" The words roll off Adam's tounge without him realizing it.

She gives him an amused look, a little smirk forming on her face as she giggles and says, "Only if you are, sweetie."

Adam takes her hand, helps her up, and finds himself grinning excitedly.

"Sweetie, I'm afraid I've never gotten your name."  The girl is only a few inches shorter than Adam, the top of her head coming up just at Adam's eye level. She looks up at him, a playful look in her eyes.

Adam pulls her hand up, and gives it a gentle kiss. "My name's Adam Montoya, and I'd be honored if I could see you again."

She giggles again, smiling up at him.

"My name's Cathy Diep, and I'd love to see you again too."

--

"What are you supposed to be?"

Adam turns to the source of the voice, and to his delight he sees Cathy, dressed up as a fairy. She looks at him curiously, an amused look on her face.

Adam grins, gesturing to himself as he laughs. "I'm a kitty pimp! Isn't it the greatest?!" 

She laughs, and the sound of her voice is a nice change from the pounding of the music in his ears. She pokes his nose with her wand, giving a small "boop."

"There. You're blessed."

Adam chuckled. "Thank you, Cathy. What would I do without you?"

She shrugged. "Be not blessed? I don't know."

They fell silent, listening to the music for a moment or two. Adam couldn't help but notice the way she looked with the lights- small and sweet, with her sparkly wings and shimmery dress.

"You look very nice in that, you know. But... What's with the tiara?"

Cathy grinned, doing a little twirl. "I'm a royal fairy. The queen, because queens have more power than princesses."

"That makes sense. I like the way you think," Adam says. He was in no place to judge her, considering he was wearing  cheetah print leggings and a giant cat mask.

But then again...

"You know, you don't seem like the type to go to parties like these. What brings you here, anyways?"

Cathy giggled quietly, so quiet that Adam was surprised he could hear it over the music. "My friends Jess and Myla came here, I came with them. It's not really my thing, though."

She paused for a moment, before looking down at her shoes. "I... Honestly, I just wanted to show off my costume. I made it myself, but I realized I wasn't going anywhere or doing anything tonight, and when I heard about the party, i just thought... you know..."

Adam could've sworn that his cat-shaped heart melted a bit at the sound of her voice.

"That's okay. If you don't like the crowd, we can always go somewhere else. How do you feel about a late dinner? I know a few places that are open." 

Cathy smiles warmly at Adam, and nods her head. "Yeah! That sounds awesome! Are you driving, or am I doing it?"

"You're driving, sweetie. I hitched a ride here on the pimp-mobile."

The two laughed, joined hands, and made their way to Cathy's car.

(happy Halloween y'all, and happy November to those of y'all who don't celebrate it!!! I've had this sitting around in my drafts for a while, and thought it would make a nice little special! I'll probably continue off of it as time goes on xD)