how to ask a boy out

(a/n: i give you all my dearest apologies for my titles, both for every chapter published and for every one to come)

also this part kept fucking up for me so i just republished it sorry if you got excited

-
Steven woke up to the scent of coffee, the wonderful scent making him smile as he poked his head out from under his blanket. If he was to be honest, Steven didn't actually drink coffee. He just really liked the scent of it.

That, and the coffee smell meant there was coffee being made somewhere. Coffee being made meant mom was up, and mom being up this early meant she was in a good mood. Since mom was in a good mood, she probably (hopefully) made breakfast.

Therefore, breakfast was ready.

With his newly found conclusion, Steven sleepily trudged his way downstairs, a smile on his face. His smile grew bigger upon seeing a stack of pancakes waiting for him on the table, and his mother sitting next to them sipping her coffee.

"Steven, sweetie? Why, uh.... Why did you drag your blanket down here? You're not sick or anything, right?"

It took him a moment to process what she meant. He gave a small giggle, shrugging his shoulders as he shook his head. "I don't know... I actually just realized I even did that. Oh, could you pass me the syrup?"

His mother shakes her head, a loving smile on her face. "I have no idea how I ended up with such an odd child. Are you sure you're my son?"

Steven giggles in response, his tired mind too focused on his food to really care. He begins stuffing pancake into his mouth, fully intent on eating as much as possible before he has to leave for school.

"It's almost eight, you should get going. I'm going to go grocery shopping while everyone's still at home, okay?" She leans in, pressing a kiss to Steven's forehead. "Have a nice day at school."

The door closes, and Steven's barely halfway up the stairs when there's a knock at his door and a familiar voice crying out," Ze? Steven! Let's go!"

What the fuck is Max doing here so early?

"Max!?"

"Yeah! Either get out here, or open the door for me!"

Steven rolls his eyes, and continues up the stairs towards his room. There's no point in going back down, either he'll get tired and leave or he'll realize that the door's been unlocked the entire time.

So he goes into his room, gets his clothes out and heads into the shower. It's a nice shower, leaving him feeling awake and pretty good all around.

At least until he realized he left his clothes for the day in his room somewhere.

Opening the door, Steven walked in,towel around his waist and a tired smile on his face. Seeing Max sitting on his bed, however, wiped the smile off his face in an instant. If anything, it scared the shit out of him.

"M-Max?"

Max just chuckles and gestures to something laying on his bed. Upon closer inspection, it's a jacket. Just a plain, black hoodie with a few marker stains from last night.

"Cute jacket. Looks, uh.... Looks a lot like Anthony's."

Steven blushes a little at the statement, running his hands through damp hair in an attempt to not freak out. "Shut up. He left it here last night and-"

"Oh. Last night, you say? You know, if he leaves first thing on the morning after, he's probably not worth it."

That wasn't Max's voice. It was far from being Max's voice.