the chapter where nothing happens

This was not in the plan, I repeat, not in the plan.

Steven had expected Anthony to be a little flustered, he had expected Anthony to be a bit reluctant about going off to Steven's house too. He hadn't expected Anthony to just grab him and start dragging him off, however, and if Steven was to be honest, he wasn't too sure how he felt about this.

Anthony's hands were fucking warm.  He was surprised that Anthony wasn't sweating with how warm they were. The warmth was a nice change from the chilly air conditioning in the school, though. Steven also learned that Anthony had one hell of a grip.

"Hey, Chilled? C-can you let go? Or maybe loosen your grip? I-it... it's kinda hurting my hand."

Anthony tenses slightly, but nods and lets go of Steven's hand. Steven can't help but feel a bit sad at the loss of warmth.

"So, where we going, buddy?" He looks around, then back at Steven.

He smiles, and gestures down the street.
"This way, it's not too far." Steven, without thinking, takes Anthony's hand back into his and begins to lead the way.

Ten minutes later, they run into Bryce. It's with a loud, excited cry of, "Oh! Ze, Ze! Chilled too! I was looking for you guys!"

Steven panics, letting go of Anthony's hand as he turns towards the source of the noise.
Bryce runs up to his side, breathing heavily through quiet giggles. "I... I got caught up. With S-Shawn, I mean.... You guys aren't- you guys aren't mad, right?"

Anthony shakes his head, though Steven's positive he saw Anthony give him some sort of look. 

"Well, my house is right up here and- oh!" Steven freezes up, having come to a sudden realization.

I think we passed my house. Whoops.

"Uh... Actually it's this way."

Steven does his best to ignore the groans and laughter from his two friends, and instead walks up to the door and opens it.

"Come on guys, we should probably go inside." The others laugh and nod, walking into the house.  Ze can't help but smile to himself.

Two of his best friends and himself working on a project together. This was gonna be great, it was going to be absolutely amazing.

Five hours later, it's about nine o'clock and they've done nothing but scribble on countless amounts of paper and eat a surprising amount of chips. Bryce was getting ready to go, saying that he had a "hot date to be at."

Steven shifted slightly on his bed, Anthony pushing him towards the edge. Steven groaned as he rolled onto his back, staring up at Bryce.

"What date? Who's taking you out, huh? I bet it's Ritz, he probably asked you out while we were busy trying to find you."

Bryce turns away at Steven's words, fumbling with his bag nervously. "I- I was kidding. Shawn... Ritz hasn't asked me out yet."

Anthony laughs from besides Steven, shaking the bed lightly as he gets up to follow Bryce to the door.

Steven sighs in exhaustion, rolling back onto his stomach and staring up at the ceiling. This was much more work than he had planned for, and that's only if you disregard how they had absolutely no idea as to what the hell they were doing.

"Hey! Your phone's ringing, you know!" Anthony's voice sounded from the other side of the house.

Steven groans tiredly. "Who is it?"

"It's... It's Minx! You want your phone?"

"No, just let it ring! Can you bring me a bottle of soda on the way up? They're in the fridge," he shouted. Steven snuggled into bed, waiting for Anthony to return with his soda.

The bed shifts, Anthony sitting besides Steven as he pushes the soda into the smaller's face.

"This is yours, you lazy fuck. Making your guests bring you sodas..." Anthony shook his head, smiling warmly at Steven.

His heart fluttered at the sight, a warm feeling spreading through his chest. Anthony had a nice smile, and his eyes weren't too bad either.

"You want me to leave? You look pretty tired, Ze."

Steven yawns and shakes his head the best he can. "No, no... It's okay. You wanna watch a movie? I have Netflix if you wanna find something to put on."

Anthony laughs and flops down next to Steven.

"You know I should probably be going home soon, right? It's getting late and my parents are gonna be worried."

Oh. Right.

"Shit, I forgot about that. You don't have to stay if you don't want to. "

Anthony pats Steven's back, putting his soda aside. Steven couldn't help but yawn, squeezing his eyes shut as he snuggled into the warmth of his bed. As bad as he felt for keeping Bryce and Anthony over so late, especially since they got nothing done, Steven was exhausted.

Would Anthony mind if he fell asleep? Hopefully not.

"Ze? Buddy?"

Steven didn't respond, he only pulled a pillow closer to himself and closed his eyes.

There was a chuckle and a blanket being pulled over him.

"Goodnight, buddy."