almost spooky time

He kissed me. Steven legitimately got all up in my face and KISSED me. Holy shit, we actually kissed! This really happened, this is actually happening!

Does this mean he's my boyfriend now? I haven't been a very good boyfriend then. We haven't even had our official first date yet!

Anthony rolled over in bed, staring up at the ceiling.  A part of him couldn't get over the fact that they actually kissed.

It just seemed so exciting to Anthony. Yes, the kiss had been awkward as hell, but dear God would Anthony gladly do it all over again.

His phone went off somewhere nearby, causing Anthony to roll back onto his stomach, looking around for the room. His eyes caught a photo of Adam sitting on a shelf, a dorky little Christmas present Adam had given him.

Speaking of holidays, what was Steven doing for Halloween? Anthony was aware of the party, yeah, but that didn't start until nine!

They still had the entire day to kill before then. Maybe Steven would be willing to go out for breakfast? Breakfast sounded nice right now.

Anthony's phone goes off again, startling him enough to make him roll off his bed. He yelped as he fell flat onto the floor, face down, and quickly pulled himself up.

Damn the Italians for giving me such a big nose.

On his way up, Anthony noticed something lighting up under his bed. He reaches out and, to his delight, pulls out his phone.

Nannerman: zE TOLD ME YOU GUYS KISED!!!!!
Nannerman: kissed**
Nannerman: Chilllled? Where you go, friend?

Anthony sighed quietly to himself. Of course Adam would learn about this. What doesn't Adam know about these days?

ChillyWilly: did he like, ACTUALLY tell you or did you force it out of him?

Nannerman: Minx did it, not me.

ChillyWilly: well, I can't yell at Minx like i can at you.

Nannerman: Do you want me to yell at her for you?

ChillyWilly: nOoo she's gonna punch me or something
ChillyWilly: minx is scary when she's angry.

Nannerman: She's like our big angry sister hehe
Nannerman: Oh, wanna come costume shopping with me, Ze, and Max? I think Ritz might be coming too, idk

ChillyWilly: right now? Dude its like ten pm what kinda places is open this late on a school night

Nannerman:  No, tomorrow! Max wouldn't dare let us out this late, mostly because I haven't done my homework because I'm not a NERD LIKE HIM
Nannerman: So will you?

ChillyWilly: yea, sure. Im going to bed now, night

Nannerman: night!!! 🐬

Chilled sighed to himself, standing up and throwing his phone onto his bed. His days seemed to plan themselves, which was usually a good thing.

He went over to his closet, changed into something more comfortable, and flopped back into bed.

The last thing Anthony thought before he fell asleep was "Fuck, I forgot to charge my phone."

.

The next day, Anthony was sitting in History, waiting desperately for the bell to ring.

Mr. Sark hadn't sent Anthony to detention, thankfully, but he did punish Anthony all the same. Instead of sitting in a room for a half hour or so doing nothing, Anthony got to stand in the front of the room and give a presentation on the Roman Empire. 

It was awkward, to say the least. Lesson learned.

After that, Mr. Sark proudly showed the class a picture of his daughter, who was just a little baby, and then told them they had the rest of the class period to themselves- his son was sick and had kept him from making lesson plans.

So now Anthony had no choice but to sit and wait, one of his least favorite things to do. It was 3:24 now.

School ended at 3:45. You'd think that waiting some twenty minutes wouldn't be so bad, but Anthony didn't like having to wait. It felt more like five hours than anything else.

He sighed, laying his head down on the desk and closing his eyes. Bringing Adam anywhere was usually a bad idea on its own. But bringing Ritz with Adam?

They would be lucky if the place didn't burst into flames. Shawn and Adam were a deadly duo. Hopefully Max would be able to keep them all in order...

"Anthony. Stop staring at the desk. The bell rang ten minutes ago, would you kindly get up? I have to go, got a dinner date tonight." Sark is tapping Anthony's shoulder, making him jump slightly.

He nods, stands up with his bag, and walks out of the classroom. Anthony hadn't realized he had fallen asleep. He rubbed his eyes and yawned quietly.

Where was he supposed to meet them again? Right, right. Somewhere by the science wing.

Hopefully this will go well.

.

"Adam! Ritz! Put those down! Stop beating each other with them!" Max looked like an upset mother right now, watching Adam and Ritz smack each other with foam swords.

"Ooh, I'll beat him off alright." Ritz has this big, playful grin plastered onto his face, staring up at Adam with a determined look.

Adam cackles, then gets into a defensive position. "Bring it, you gay cracker!"

They lunge towards each other, only to be stopped by Steven, who has a firm hold on both swords.  "Really, guys," he starts," you should stop. The workers are probably planning your funerals right now, they're so pissed. Please?"

Steven gives the two a pleading look, and Anthony felt a part of him melt at the sight.

Adam pouts, lowering his sword to the ground. "Fine. Let's go look at costumes."

Max gives a relieved sigh, then begins to lead the group towards the back of the store. "Ze, make sure Adam puts his sword away."

Judging from the screams that rang out behind them, however, it was rather clear that Ritz didn't put his sword away.

"So what are you dressing up as, Chilly?"

Anthony turns to look at Steven, who is gazing around the store with a childish look in his eye.

"I don't know. Maybe just be cheesy and go as Mario? I could always throw a sheet over my head and call myself a ghost."

Steven shakes his head. "That's so boring, though! I was thinking about being a pirate.  That would be cool, don't you think?"

Anthony nodded. Ritz comes up to the two, resting an arm on Steven's shoulder.

"Have you guys seen Max or Adam? I lost them. And I'm trying to find a sparkly top hat, have you seen any? Adam and I are going as pimps for Halloween."

Steven laughed, and Anthony grinned.

This wasn't going anywhere near as bad as he thought it would.

--

(Amazing foreshadowing for next chapter am I right)