Chapter Seventeen

"Young Ones." The creature said to them. "This is unprecedented. Never have we found the two parts of the whole working in such harmony. You two contain multiple parts that complement one another. Albeit in different forms and planets."

Silently, the two in gray form stood to pay attention to the being. Confusion swam in Isabella's mind as she looked at Pligal who wore an unreadable expression in their form.

"The one known as Pligal has heard of this so far." It said motioning to the other gray. "Be mindful, that this may be hard to understand. However, the story does not begin with you. It takes place many eons ago. Far beyond the development of the worlds. Once the first universe evolved from dead matter floating in the cosmos by a series of interactions amongst different chemicals, a cycle began. The microscopic interactions continued to develop and manipulate one another. On different worlds, the changes came quicker than others depending on many factors. However, eventually, life formed." The creature continued to state.

Isabella shifted uncomfortably. In contrast, from her beliefs in the just world and a creator God, she felt great angst at the assault into her beliefs. Creation now battled against the story before her. Listening carefully, she decided to take in what was said and not make up her mind just yet.

Likewise, Pligal's devout pioty to the gods caused him to pray to them for help, for strength. The ancestors, revered for their guidance for his people, now shifted from his own kind to the beings before him. In his mind, the ancestors now stood before him. Cautiously, his mind maintained the relationship with the unknown, the divine.

Allowing them some time to take in the first part of the story, the being of light curiously penetrated their thoughts. Delving deep, it objectively witnessed the internal struggle, their lingering passion. Noting how Isabella associated her present experience to her cultures background with science imbued with heavy skepticism, it moved onto Pligal who wholly accepted all that was stated. The knowledge gained as a whole, causing him to consider think about his culture's beliefs, his beliefs.

"New lifeforms began to develop, to evolve from their progenitor, from simple proteins. As they began to multiply and augmented and enhanced their ability to strive in their perspective environments over the uncounted cycles. Ultimately, these species separated into different subgroups. Few retained intellect to develop tools. However, after these being extinguished themselves over advanced warfare, their world opened to the next creatures with profound intellect. Peacefully transitioning, making their predecessor's functionality with their world seemingly obtuse. Their waste and neglect scorching the earth. However, these newer creatures proceeded to overcome the reprehensible conditions of the world and collectively worked to undo the damage."

Pausing for a few moments, the being allowed them time to adjust to the story. Letting them absorb the details and knowledge of eons past.

"Marvelous," Pligal said breathlessly. "The ancestors honor my clan." He blinked rapidly and then held his eyes shut as he prayed silently.

Glancing at each individual in turn before returning her gaze toward the one speaking. His words, if gender could be attributed to a species with no discernable gender addressed this in its deep voice, penetrated her mind causing a great disturbance. Speaking with the conviction of the tale, far from the teachings of her early days within a church congregation. Refusing to return to this life and belief after the death of her husband, she still latched upon its moralistic teachings while ignoring the cruelty within. This, however, did not mesh well with her. Pushing back, refusing to take the teachings of strangers as fact.

"Isabella." The being quietly stated. "I have no reason to dissuade you from your beliefs. I merely speak fact, I promise nothing."

Feeling warmth flow into her cheeks, she bashfully retreated into herself. Contemplating this, realization dawn upon her. A dream, so vivid so raw, her mind developed this world to mitigate her desire to makes sense of the unknown images permeating the depths of her mind, her emotions.