Chapter Fourteen

Patiently, waiting, the Seeress shifted in place. Soon the young Eron would arrive to call on her. Envisioning this, she forced the other legionnaires to leave her hovel. Packed tightly in line, they nervously awaited their turn, wishing to have her bring down a blessing from the gods above and below.

During times of crisis, she experienced the greater numbers of legionnaires pressing to receive the mystical shield ordained by those greater beings of legend, the ancestors. Feigning rapt attention, this elderly seywaw provided a spectacle for the legionnaires. With grand ceremony, she mumbled nonsensical tunes to the gods.

Throwing potions in the plasma, it erupted and hovered around the stone edifice. Dark crimson, mixed with tangerine, speckled with seafoam green, causing the young ones to gasp. Licking the around the top of the homestead, the plume of fiery mass sought precious materials to enhance and grow. Finding nothing but stone, the plasma tower, slowly retreated into its small pit.

Fleeing the home of the Seeress, the legionnaires moved as if summoned by their san. Billowing multicolored sand clouds behind them, their orbs wide in disarray; they flew back to their legion clan. Fear causing them to propel themselves to their destination, believing to have witnessed the divine in action, they refused to share their experiences. Sure, that the Seeress' orbs remained on them, the continued remaining silent.

As soon as they left her home, she erupted in laughter. Positive of their silence, she felt no danger from the ones who only came to call on her when all seemed dark when their fate seemed so bleak. Here, in the midst of war, these legionnaires deserved to feel the protection of the divine, but she would never enact her power to allow the ancestors to bestow their divination upon the ones who did not seek the truth.

For those, such as Pligal, ones who came to seek the old ways without being prompted to do so, she took great care to channel the powers above and below. With grand ceremony, she uttered incantations, gently pulling on the divine forces flowing in the air.

In this form, she witnessed the young eron move toward her with great angst. His bioluminescent scales fluttering, pulsing quickly as he neared. Weighed down with the passion of his youth, disregarded the cries of the san behind him, admonitions protesting the absence of his staff. Noting the placement of the Terra God, she noticed he came soon. His arrival ordained, she prepared by ingesting her hidden supply of crimson.

Moving toward a nearby wall, she depressed a piece of wall as a small opening the size of a thorax slowly creaked outward. Within this container, multiple stone containers with smaller stones fastened around the rim of the whole sat close together, silently awaiting the request of their owner.

Keeping her supply of precious sangre hidden, she fashioned this false wall many cycles prior. Baron Richtol, the enemy of the Seeress, ordered the essence to come to him first before he disseminated it out to the legionnaires and his staff. Maintaining control of the precious fluid, while manipulating those below him, the Baron fueled his passions and proclivities.

Reaching with her frail, elderly talons, she grabbed a small bottle while tugging on the top to release the precious fluid within. Bringing it to her mouth, she emptied the generous contents of the container. Touching her tongue, it electrified her as it moved into her abdomen. Warm currents forming from the center of her being, spreading outward, allowing her body to transmute itself into a receiver. Channeling the power of the ancients, she let them abscond with her consciousness while replacing it with their collective will.

Normally only use a few drops to achieve the desired state, the pure danger allowed her to feel the life energies and those governing it. Her talon moved on its own in this occasion, feeling another's invisible touch upon her scales as she lifted the container to her mouth.