"Come on, the hat, really?" I question rolling my eyes at such a cliche pirate accessory. Although I was impressed by their entrance. I did always have a flare for the dramatics.

"It's none of your business how I do and do not accessorize" the voice was surprisingly feminine.

"Wait, are you a girl?" I asked rather stupidly.

The girl gave a small laugh and took off the ridiculous hat. She threw it overboard and bowed.

"Hope you weren't expecting anything less"

Once I saw her face I almost dropped my sword. Although I couldn't keep from my jaw dropping.

She had blonde curly hair and beautiful shocking features. And her eyes were as gray and stormy as pearls.

"Now what is such a pretty lass doing on my ship"

She took a swig from her flask of rum before looking at me. It was obvious she was slightly drunk.

"So you are the captain of this ship ay?" She said with a smug look on her face.

"Ya, what's it to you"

"Well..." She took another drink from her flask and strolled over to me. "I now believe it's my ship" she giggled and made a sarcastic pouty face.

"Sorry lassie, if you want my ship, you must duel me for it" I tossed her a sword. I had never lost a duel in my life, and I wasn't planning on starting the today.

She stood there waiting for me to make the first move.

I sighed and glanced over to my side, bored. While I was looking away she made her move.

Her first mistake was charging at me full on. I quickly dodged and she missed.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Do I at least have the pleasure of knowing the name of my opponent."

"All right. Annabeth. It's a pleasure"

I jabbed my sword at her and she jumped out of the way jut in time.

"It's nice to meet you Annabeth, but it's shame you won't be staying long."

"And why is that."

"Because" I looked her in the eye "After I win out little duel I'm afraid I'll have to throw you off my ship"

"Aww but I feel bad lying to you" I tilted my head in confusion. "Before I go, I should tell you" she tossed her sword to the other hand. "I'm not left-handed"

"Wut"

She jabbed her sword at me, a lot more skilled than before.

I threw my sword at her sure it would catch on her sleeve causing her to fall. But instead, she did three back handsprings and caught my sword.

My eyes widened, damn I feel stupid. I got beaten by a drunk blonde.

I put my hands up in defeat, making sure she wouldn't skewer me if I made the wrong move.

Annabeth smiled and strolled over to me. I gave an awkward smile before she used the hilt of the sword to knock me out.

Owch.

***

Now I don't know if you know this, but it is slightly alarming to wake up on the floor with your hands and feet tied together, next to you own crew, in a dark room that smells like fish.