Part 2: Hello Again

Static X – Cannibal;

Uta's POV

I hadn't been able to forget that woman since our first meeting, thankfully she wasn't affecting my work or life in general; but she is plaguing my thoughts more often than I would like. A human woman giving dead bodies away to ghouls. Isn't she worried about getting caught? How unusual... fascinating. I skimmed my eyes over the mask I was currently working on, checking the stitching and measurements before folding it over to start on the opposite side. I reached over to my jar, dangling long, tattooed fingers into the cold water before swirling them around for a snack only to scoop up nothing. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked at the empty clear glass, filled with nothing but water and flesh debris as I retracted my hand in distaste. Guess I'd either have to go hunting or make my way to the 20th ward to ask Yoshimura for some meat. Neither seems to be in my effort right now... but I am hungry... Although; I suppose there is the morgue. The 14th ward is the town just over so it's close at least, and I would be willing to see that fascinating little human girl again... I guess I made my decision.

~ ~ ~

I stared up at the ivory building, a single light shining through the window indicating someone was there. I had my sunglasses on and a cover story; just in case it wasn't Eve working. As far as I know, she's the only one that does work here and the only human to show such generosity and understanding to a ghoul's needs. She'll surely supply me with something. I walked up to the building and opened the door before heading into the office, peering into the large glass window of the autopsy room seeing the woman named Eve elbow deep in a carcass. I could hear the music coming from inside the room, If I recall it's Static X – Cannibal; cute. She mouthed along to the words as she dug around the bloody crevice she had made, turning only to put down the scalpel she had used to disconnect an organ. The arm plunged in once more without mercy as she scooped up what I recognised as a liver, it was slightly shrivelled and covered in small lumps; unnatural. I must have caught her eye as she was examining it's exterior, lowering the bloody entrails to smile at me and wave with one gruesome gloved hand. She turned to place down the organ in a wide dish as I took her previous gesture as an invitation to enter the room, the music sounding louder as I did so. Heading over to the radio I turned the volume down almost fully without tearing my eyes from the blonde before me. She had bent to eye level with the liver she had just removed, eyes scanning over every lump it seemed to have formed.

"Alcohol poisoning. This man was a heavy drinker and had suffered some severe liver damage, a replacement couldn't be found in time though."

"I see."

I honestly didn't care, this was just part of a corpse; food. I don't care how he died. She rose up to her full height, picking up the organ with a soft squelch as she held it out to me with a teasing grin on her pierced lips.

"You want it?"

"No thank you, I have different tastes."

"Is that what brought you to my humble little work place?"

"Is it that obvious?"

She smiled a toothy grin before plopping down the liver back into the silver dish, removing her bloodied gloves before disposing of them in a biohazard box and heading over to the wash basin to clean her hands and arms off.

"What do you need?"

"Eyes preferably."

"All I have are fresh from the skull and haven't been disinfected or cleaned properly."