Chapter.62.Princess or Future Beta?<3

Start from the beginning

Maybe I should have pretended I was leaving, that would have cleared up this whole mess a lot quicker than this whole giving control to Amber for four days. "I'm here." I whisper while caressing his jawline. Gulping, I break eye contact. "It wasn't just you who made a mistake, Josh. I should have taken into consideration how you were feeling and what you would have wanted from me in that particular situation."

He shakes his head and innocently pecks my nose. "If we considered what you did, 'a mistake' – which it wasn't because you saved lives, despite the fact you risked yours – than you only made one 'mistake'. I made a mistake every day that I didn't look at, love or speak to you." The rough, calloused palm of his hand caresses my cheek lovingly. "I embarrassed you in front of the pack."

"Yeah, you did do that." I fight off the shudder that's working to make itself known. "Did we lose the pack members I fought to gain from that?" Usually after a show like that one, where their Alpha is left crying on the ground, it could be considered a weakness and it wouldn't surprise me if we lost a few wolves. Wolves naturally want to follow a strong wolf, I'm hoping me pledging my loyalty to Josh and him taking over was enough to win them over. Especially members of my old pack.

Josh shakes his head, before resting it against my own. "No we didn't." I can feel the anger he has towards himself. "No one left, I think it helped that you submitted to me and it isn't like I've been the nicest guy to them. Not yet, not while we're still transitioning and they are coming from packs that have fought against us."

I nod in understanding, "But we should discuss what's really important right now and then we can move onto the technicalities of my actions." Hesitantly he nods, and pushes himself off the ground and pull himself out of me. Seconds later, he's helping me off the ground and placing me in his lap. Neither one of us is ready to let the other go just yet. Of course the merger with the other two packs is important, but it doesn't matter if they don't have a strong Alpha and Luna leading them. Separately, they are nowhere near as powerful as they are together. "We've got to get on the same page."

"I think, now that there's no impending war and there's no risk of you getting kidnapped and no risk of you challenging another Alpha, then things will run a lot smoother."

I manage a laugh, the first one in days. Josh's eyes light up in pure and utter awe as he watches my lips. He seems like a kid on Christmas, my mate is completely overjoyed with a simple laugh. A slow smile emerges on his lips and I find it completely adorable. "That's true but just because my life is at risk doesn't mean that tough choices are over. We both need to be very self-conscious of our actions."

"You mean not making an action at all until I discuss it with you? And vice versa?"

I agree and peck his lips, "We're so impulsive and that will be our downfall."

"It doesn't help that we're both Alpha's."

"It doesn't help that we're both arrogant alpha's." Josh chuckles lightly and wraps me up in a hug. "But promise me that you won't ever ignore me for days on end. Please?" Before he can agree, I continue. "Because if you choose to not be around and offer me comfort, I can seek a hug from a friend even if that friend is male." Josh growls and tightens his hold on me, I grip his chin and arch my brow. "You do not ever threaten Kris with his life or mate?"

"Fine. But if he touches you again I'll break his hand."

I'd like to see him try, "Not if you want to stay in my good graces."

He sucks in a sharp breath and exhales heavily, trying to calm himself down. "There are more serious matters to discuss and I don't think Kris is one of them. In the end, you'll protect him which is what is supposed to happen in a guardian situation." Well look at that, he's learning. "Just know Maya, I am so sorry and I know those words will never do anything to make up for the past few days, I still feel it necessary to say them. Nothing I say or do can change what happened, but please forgive me."