Chapter.16.A Male and His Female.<3

A/N: Josh's wolf is up top! 

"Eric?"

I don't know what's happening I sing inside my head. Josh isn't tense so I know he isn't a threat but from our mate bond I'm mostly getting confusion. So after a few minutes of silence I step out from behind my mate. "Hello, I'm assuming your name is Eric. I'm Maya."

He has to be related to Josh somehow. Light brown hair and he has deep brown eyes, calculating and warm. Just like Josh's. A light hearted smile approaches his lips and I return the gesture. "I'd give you a handshake but I have a feeling you are my brother's mate." His eyes move towards my mark and I nod with a proud smile. "Congratulations brotha!" His hand is outstretched to my mate and he takes it without hesitation before pulling him into an embrace.

"What the hell are you doing here man?"

No welcome back? I need to teach my mate some manners. I stifle a laugh and avert my gaze away from the reunion of two brothers. Though, I'm surprised he's never mentioned having a brother. I knew he had a sister, and my suspicions were confirmed whenever she ran into the dining room yelling 'daddy' and 'mommy'. I had a feeling we'd become close but sadly she's going to an all-girls private school instead of a public school so she boards there, "Rachel and I came back for the initiation of your Luna." Though I've introduced myself it's considered disrespectful for the male not to introduce his female. Why that tradition exists I'll never know, probably some sort of pride thing. Again, we're kind of old fashioned as a species.

Josh's eyes widen, "Shit I'm sorry bro. Eric this is my mate Maya, and Maya this is my brother Eric." Eric looks much older than Josh and has a mischievous glint about him. Clearly he's a jokester and for that... I can't wait to see. "His mate was the future Alpha of the Red Moon pack and since I was here to take over the Alpha role, Eric went with his mate and made Rachel his Luna." Though he doesn't want it to show, I can sense some bitterness towards the situation. If Eric's mate hadn't been a future Luna, Josh wouldn't have become Alpha.

But as tradition goes, the Moon Goddess has a plan for everyone.

Every one of us has a destiny and I know Josh was made for an Alpha role.

"She's very beautiful Joshy." My mate growls, I'm assuming at the nickname 'Joshy' but whenever his arm wraps around me protectively I realize he's growling at the compliment.

'Seriously?!'

'What?' He sounds truly confused making him even more adorable. And almost... key word almost made me forget why I was flustered with him in the first place.

'He's your brother. Mated. And well really that's all I need to say to make your possessiveness seem ridiculous.'

'He's a male'

I cut him off because he's acting a fool and thank Eric with a polite nod. "Thanks for coming Eric." My mate states before gesturing towards the pack house. Josh had previously mentioned us getting our own home since we're soon to lead the pack together, but he seemed to talk himself out of his idea whenever he realized there was more protection here. His exact words were, 'more people, more floors, more protection'. When I mentioned 'privacy' he groaned and pointed out we had the whole floor and our walls are sound proof, to which he wiggled his brows. Shrugging it off, we decided to put it off till a later time, probably when we have pups. Now Amy and Allen can stay in their home longer, even though it is a family tradition to pass it down to the next Alpha. I don't mind one bit, we can argue about this and other silly stuff because in reality I am very much aware of what's going to happen in a few short days.