Chapter Fourty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Max went into the room with Charlotte. Tom was there with Chloe. Chloe held Eddie's hand.
"I told you to leave!" Chloe said.
"He was Charlotte's dad too!" Max said. Chloe said nothing. Charlotte sat on the other side of Eddie but said nothing. She didn't even hold his hand.
Chloe looked at Max. "Why are you here?"
"I care."
"No you don't."

Charlotte said goodbye to Eddie. She looked at Chloe. "You need to grow up. No one gives a crap about you because you're a selfish cow and care about no one but yourself," she spat.

Chloe stood and walked out. She barged past Max and got a cab. She wanted to be alone. She felt it best.
Max went after her. Tom left Charlotte.
"At least people want you," Charlotte mumbled to herself. She began to shake Eddie.
"Wake up!" Charlotte screamed. She needed her dad.

Max had followed Chloe back to the house.
"Piss off!" Chloe screamed.
"No!"
Chloe glared. "Go back to your bitch. I know you're shagging someone else,"
"So what if I am. You're not giving it to me."
Chloe broke down crying. "You are aren't you? Cheating."
"It was a one time thing when you were in rehab."

Chloe went upstairs and cried. She thought Max loved her. He walked in. "Who was it?"
"Charlotte."
Chloe broke down crying again. "You pig! You stay away from me!" She screamed.
"I forced myself on her. I was drunk," Max admitted.
"You forced yourself on my bloody sister!" Chloe screamed. "Is that why she doesn't speak when you're around?"
"Yes."
Chloe slapped him. She shoved him out.

Charlotte held Eddie tightly. She didn't want to let him go. The nurse came in.
"Come on now sweetheart," she said. Charlotte shook her head. A doctor around Charlotte's age came in to talk to her.
Chloe cried. She knew Max was lying about the supposed rape. She knew Charlotte wanted Max. "Max I know you're lying."
"What?"
"You didn't force yourself on her at all," Chloe said.
"I know. We didn't want you finding out."

*three weeks later*
It was the day of Eddie's funeral. Charlotte had become entirely better. She was positive. Chloe however, was different. She had become withdrawn and hurt. She didn't want to go to the funeral.
Aubree tried to persuade her otherwise but she wasn't listening. Aubree went on with Max and the kids.

Chloe laid on the sofa. Someone knocked the door. She got up and answered it. It was her dad, Michael.
"Hey," he said.
"Hi. Come in," Chloe mumbled.
Michael sat with Chloe. She cuddled into him. "I know I've not been the best father but I'm here for you."
"Oh."
Michael sighed. "Eddie was your dad Chloe. I may have helped create you but he was there for you."
Chloe sobbed. "I miss him so much."
"I know. But if you don't go to the funeral, you'll regret it," Michael said.
"W-Will you come with me?" She asked.
"I'd love too," Michael said.
Chloe got ready. She took Michael's hand and drove to the church. It was packed.

They had to park down the road and walk to the church. Chloe gripped Michael's hand again.
"I'm scared," she mumbled.
"Hey, Eddie is in a better place. We're saying goodbye to him," Michael said.

Chloe and Michael went into the church as Charlotte got up to speak.
Max turned to see Chloe. He smiled slightly. "You came?"
"I wanted to say goodbye," Chloe mumbled.

Chloe was in tears. She cuddled into Max and he held her close. Michael held her hand. "It's alright babe. I'm here," Max said. He had Aubree on his other side.

Chloe couldn't handle it anymore. She broke down crying. She began screaming. "I want him back!" She screamed.
Charlotte went down to her and held her tightly. Chloe cried and screamed into her. Charlotte rocked her gently.
"Let's go outside."

Charlotte took Chloe outside. She seen where Eddie was going to be buried.
"It's the place that you always said would be lovely," Charlotte said. Chloe smiled slightly. "Daddy picked it out when you said that. He wrote it down and kept it along with his will."
"We'll get through this Chloe. I promise."
"I want him back," she sobbed.
"Shh. I know."

It was time for the wake. "I wanna perform a song," Chloe said. She had planned it out.
"What song?" Max asked as he had Chloe on his lap.
"Dance with my father again," Chloe mumbled.
Max smiled and nodded. Chloe went up and took the mic from Tom after he finished talking about Eddie. Chloe began to perform the song.

Charlotte began to cry when she heard the song. She knew Eddie would love it. When Chloe finished, Charlotte ran to her and hugged her.
"Why not write a song for him?" Charlotte suggested.
"I am. It's called Father," Chloe mumbled.
"That's amazing."
"Yeah."
Chloe cuddled into Max and he held her. "Max, I think I want to go to America."
"Why?"
Chloe smiled. "It's something Eddie wanted for me," Chloe said.
"I want to go with you then. Me and the kids," Max said. Chloe sighed. She couldn't look at him.

Tom and Aubree were making out in the bathrooms. Tom ran his hands up and down Aubree's thighs.
"We might get caught," Aubree said.
"Eddie wanted you to be happy."
"You do make me happy Tom," Aubree said. She laid a hand on his cheek and kissed his lips lightly.
Chloe cuddled into Max. She wanted to be with him so badly but she couldn't bare that he had been with Charlotte.

Chloe got a drink of lemonade. She downed it and sighed. She was looking forward to America. It was something new. Eddie wanted whatever made Chloe happy.
Aubree and Tom were breathless. They had had sex.
"I want us to leave. Not for long. Just for a break," Aubree said. Tom smiled.
"Sure gorgeous," he said. He kissed her passionately.

Chloe sat and thought about her trip to America. She was worried about leaving, but she wanted to go. She needed a break. She was going to begin to plan it out. It was only going to be for a little while, but she was going to leave everyone behind.