Chapter Ten

Still nobody had noticed that Madison was blue. She was now struggling for breath. "Tom! Get out!" Chloe yelled.
"No Chloe."
"Leave!" Chloe screamed.

Scarlett sat next to Madison who was in her moses basket. "Hi Madi! You turned to a smurf!" Scarlett said. She didn't know that it was bad. "I want to be a smurf too."

Chloe came in and noticed. She screamed loudly. Max ran in. He rang an ambulance. Charlotte tried to do CPR.

The ambulance arrived. They took Madison. Max and Chloe went with them. Charlotte and Tom stayed with the kids.
Madison went to the Neo Natal unit. Chloe was in hysterics. "Make her okay!"
"We're trying."
"Try harder!" Chloe yelled. Max pulled her away.
"This isn't helping her is it?" Max asked. He was worrying too but he knew yelling wasn't the right thing to do. "Calm down."
"I can't Max! This is all down to Tom! He kept on yelling and none of us noticed this innocent four month old baby turning blue!"

Max took Chloe outside. "Baby, I get that you're scared but Madison needs us to stay calm and be strong for her," Max said.
"I-I can't lose her! We lost Jay and I barely kept it together. If we lose Madi then I'm scared I'll break," Chloe admitted.
"You won't. I promise," Max said. Chloe nodded and they held each other.

Aubree cried in her room. She was scared about Madison but also scared because she was pregnant.

Taitlyn was in Chloe's spare room with Luke. Luke babbled on and played with his toys. Her phone rang.
"Hello?"
"I'm home baby," Mike said. Taitlyn smiled widely. She gave him Chloe's address.
Aubree went downstairs. She saw Charlotte. "Have my parents called?"
"No."
Aubree nodded and she walked off. She didn't want to be around Tom or Charlotte.

Max gave Chloe some coffee. "I've decided that you love me wearing your shirts," Chloe said.
"Do I?"
Chloe nodded. "Yeah, it turns you on. I think me wearing your shirt was how the last three kids were born," Chloe said.
Max smiled and held Chloe's hand. The doctor came to them.

They let Max and Chloe see Madison. She was giggling away.
"Is she okay?" Chloe asked as she held Madison.
"She breathed in some liquid which is a normal thing for children who are trying to eat and drink on their own," the doctor said.
"Can she go home?" Max asked.
"Yeah."

They took Madison home as Mike went to the door. Chloe smiled at him.
"Mike, how are you?" Chloe asked.
"Good. I've quit the army. PTSD. I'm not a full-time dad," Mike said.
"Come in. Taitlyn is staying with us now."
"Why?" Mike asked Chloe. Madison waved at Mike. Mike waved back.
"Tom was sort of abusing Taitlyn. She's staying with us," Chloe told him.

Aubree ran downstairs. She took her baby sister from Max. "You had BeeBee worried so much."

Chloe could tell there was something wrong with Aubree. "Bee, come and talk to me."
"I'm fine!"

Charlotte came in. "Chloe, can we talk?"
"Gonna admit you were wrong in what you and Tom did to Taitlyn?"
"I regret that. Tom told me it was for the best."
Chloe scoffed. "Max, I'm putting Madi to bed."
Charlotte and Tom left with the kids. They were coming over later after dropping them at Eddie's.

Aubree took Madison to bed. Chloe came up behind her. Madison giggled and played with her teddy in the bed.
"Bee? Talk to me," Chloe said.
"I'm pregnant," Aubree mumbled. She burst out crying. Chloe held her.

Taitlyn smiled as Mike came into the room. Luke squealed and threw his toy on the ground in excitement. Mike smiled widely. They kissed passionately.
"What happened to you and your parents?" Mike asked.
"They've been abusing me because of Luke. I'm sorry that I never told you."
"Its fine. I'm going to look after you."
"Really?"
"Yeah."