Chapter Thirty

Max had arranged for Aubree to meet the people who were adopting her baby. She didn't know who they actually were but she did know that her dad knew them.

That morning, Max woke in bed and noticed Chloe wasn't there. He checked the bathroom too but she wasn't there. "Chloe?"

"Down here," she mumbled.

Max went downstairs and saw her. She was lying on the sofa with Scarlett and Emily. "You three alright?"

"Yeah. We're fine."

Max smiled. Scarlett was twiddling Chloe's top while she was asleep. "Is she alright?"

"The chemo is making her weak."

Chloe and Max had been told that Scarlett needed chemo to make sure the cancer had gone completely.

"She's a fighter like you," Max said. Chloe smiled and cuddled into him. Emily laid her head on Max's chest in her sleep. Chloe smiled.

Taitlyn and Tom were away. No one knew. Mike was making his way there with the kids. Both had quit school to help Tom. Max wouldn't know until he arrived at his office.

Max made breakfast for them all. Emily woke up and helped Max. Max smiled.

"You're a good girl Emily," Max said. He kissed his daughter's head. Emily grinned at him.

"Thanks daddy."

Max held her close. "You're close with Aubree aren't you?"

"Yeah. She's my big sister and I love her."

"Well. She's going to need us all soon so maybe you could spend a bit of time with her?"

"Yeah."

Chloe went for a shower. She saw the scar on her stomach and sighed. She wasn't the strong person she was before. She had changed a lot. She didn't care about anyone or anything apart from her family.

Aubree went into the bathroom as Chloe got out of the shower and wrapped a towel around her.

"Hey Bee," Chloe said. Aubree hugged her mum. Chloe kissed Aubree's cheek and left.

Aubree was nervous about meeting the parents of her child. She rubbed her tummy.

"Arielle, you'll help me through this," Aubree said. She got in and climbed into the shower.

Max saw Chloe. "You're not in today. None of us are."

"Why?"

"I've closed the school due to flood," Max said.

"What flood?"

Max smirked. "The flood that happened when the caretaker accidentally left the taps on."

Chloe smiled. "Bad man isn't he?"

"How about I show you how bad this man is?"Max asked.

Chloe smirked and kissed Max passionately.

Aubree got into a flowery summer dress. She put on her kitten heels and went downstairs.

"Mummy? Daddy?" Aubree said.

"In the living room sweetie."

Aubree went into the living room and sat in between her parents. She rubbed her baby bump.

"I'm nervous mummy."

"Don't be sweetie. We'll be here," Chloe said.

"Thanks."