Chapter 26 {{~So Much For My Happy Ending~}} The Final~!

Start from the beginning

Maybe he finally realized that I’m thrash...

I smiled a sad smile while a tear rolled down my cheek. 

If she can make you happy then... then I’m happy as long as you’re happy...

I tried to swallow but only succeeded in choking on my own tears, and the emotions clogging my throat.

Why is life to cruel to me? What... what did I do?

Hands trembling, I dialed Ryan’s number... it was the only number I had in my list.

I waited patiently, staring unseeingly at the loading bar while I was deep in thought.

Why was I calling again? To ask if he has something with Amber? My enemy... the one who also makes my life a hell...

To ask if he actually really liked me... or just faked it all...

"He-Hewo?" A quiet boy’s voice was heard on the other side of the phone.

It wasn’t Ryan’s voice.

"H-hello? Who is this?" I tried to steady my voice, but I had a hard time since my voice was sore and scratchy from weeping so much, and it wavered as I shivered.

"Th-This is... Sam..." He almost whispered.

If I didn’t had so many stuff in my head right now I would have been happy and asked Sam how he was doing, I’m happy he found his voice again though...

"Hi Sam." I said warmly. "Could you please give me Ryan?" I asked.

I chard a quiet ‘ok’ and then heard him run up the stairs.

Suddenly, the voices of different people drifted in the background.

I started to focus on what they were saying when I suddenly heard my name.

"It’s true! Her parents died in a car accident, I’ve found it on the internet... poor Michelle, and she doesn’t even know it."

It was Angela who was speaking. Pity clung to every word she said, making my heart sink.

My eyes almost bugged out of their sockets, jaw hanging wide open as I absorbed what she’d said.

My parents died in a car accident?

"Ryan! There is a call for you." Sam called out. 

"Who is it?" Ryan asked.

"I don’t know, here." There was some shuffling, as the phone was handed over.

A few seconds later I could hear Ryan breathing into the receiver, asking who it was.

I stayed quiet still shocked of what I’ve heard.

No... No...

I hang up the phone and started to run. And I didn’t stop. I ran, even as my limbs turned to jelly and exhaustion weighed down on me, I still pushed myself to run. I wanted to run away from my so called life; it feels like I’m already dead...

I felt in my other pocket and found the money that I still had.

I finally got out of the forest and made my way to the bus stop.

I quickly took the bus hoping that it would still bring me closer to home; I had to ask her... I had to know if it’s true that she isn’t my mom! It can’t be!

*

I ignored the request of my body to stop running, I can’t... even if it hurts I can’t damnit!