Chapter 8 {{~Betrayal~}}

I’m really sorry that it took so long to write the chapter :c that’s why I did it in josh his pov as an apology, I hope you guys like it! :D

**~~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~~**

(JOSH'S POV)

Oh my god, I feel so bad for her, I would have never thought this had happened to her...her own father! What kind of father is he?
I looked at the ground not knowing what to say or do. Suddenly I noticed the tense atmosphere in the room.
I glanced at her and saw the last tear falling from her cheek. My heart was throbbing with pain, like I could almost feel her pain and fear.

I’m such a jerk, I shouldn’t have come to her house, and I shouldn’t have pushed her like this to let her tell me her big secret.
I didn’t know it was something like this.
I glanced at her one more time and slowly lifted my arm, I wanted to put it around her shoulder and pull her to me to comfort her, but for some reason my arm was hovering above her shoulder, like if I did it, I couldn’t go back anymore. And that I would maybe hurt her even more.
I lowered my arm again, I can’t comfort her, she’s going to hate me.
I can’t do this anymore. I have to talk to Cameron about this, because this is going way to far now.

(MICHELLE'S POV)

I couldn’t bear to talk now, my voice wouldn’t come and mouth wouldn’t open. I felt disgusting remembering everything again.
It felt like I was suspended in time, all alone in my room. It felt like that time the incident happened and that I got home again, my mother not knowing what happen because she wasn’t there for me.
I had locked myself in the room and I felt so empty inside, I started crying quietly not wanting anyone to hear me and feel my pain. Benjy wasn’t by my side at that time so I was all alone.
I eventually collapsed because my body felt so weak and numb, repeating in my head that it was just a dream and that it didn’t happen, but I guess it didn’t go the way I wanted it.
I woke up from my alarm clock telling me that today is a school day. It went on because I had no power to lift my arm and shut it out.

My mom got annoyed by it and knocked loudly on the door telling me to shut the thing up.
When I didn’t reply to her she opened the door with so much anger and it banged against the wall loudly, almost ripping it off its hinges.
To think she was so strong, unlike me.
There was silence in the room for a long time and I could feel her staring at me even though I had my head in the pillow not wanting to show my face, but wanting to hide from the world and my life.
I heard her say something that made my heart stop for a while, like daggers thrust into my heart. It made my whole body overflow with pain.
I could never forget those words. 'I see your father hasn’t changed at bit huh?' and I was sure I could hear a snicker.

She damn knew what was going to happen, she knew what he would do to me, and she knew it all and still let me go to him.
She also told me that I shouldn’t see the world only in a happy way; she wanted me to show me how the real world is and feel the real pain of it so that I should be strong and not weak.
But it did the opposite, it made me weak it made me numb, and most of all it made me hate my life. Since that day I saw everything different because I didn’t go outside for a few weeks still trying to recover but it didn’t heal a bit.

I didn’t care about school, but my mom did, she actually wanted to send me to school two days after the incident but I just stayed on my bed ignoring her. She got angry and started to slap me, and telling me to man up. It didn’t help much; I was like a dead puppet not knowing how to live.
Until the wound healed a little bit and I started to go to school again. Cameron wasn’t there yet so it wasn’t that much of a hell yet but I still was lonely and had no friends. I was like a shadow talking with no one and always out of the student society.

My grades were decent but could be better, I knew I wasn’t a stupid person I just didn’t want the attention much of being the smartest and having the best grades.

"Michelle." My eyes that I didn’t even know were closed snapped open and trailed to Josh, I felt kind of sorry that I totally forgot he was here.
I suddenly felt his arms around me and giving me a warm and comfortable hug, I closed my eyes again and my tearstained face was now calm. 

If I have Josh then I’m sure he can protect me.
We stayed like that for a long time until he suddenly drew away too soon. I didn’t want him to let go of me though I finally felt calm.
I gave him a sheepish smile but for some reason he avoided it and looked the other way. Was he shy or something?
Or maybe he thinks the hug was a mistake? I slowly dropped my smile and gaze and looked at my hands on my lap.
I wonder what he’s thinking right now...

(JOSH'S POV)

I shouldn’t have hugged her, but I just couldn’t control myself anymore.
I need to get out of here before more stuff happens that I’ll regret later.
I sighed, I have a feeling this is going the wrong way. 

"Hey Mich, I have to go. I forgot I have...” I thought about an excuse real fast. "I promised my sister to help her with her homework." I finally said, it was kind of a lame one but I couldn’t think straight.

I saw a fast flash of sadness in her eyes when she looked at me but kept it hidden again.
She slowly nodded. I lifted the puppy that I totally forgot was there up slowly, not wanting to wake him and placed him on the bed next to me. I wanted to stand up but my legs wouldn’t let me. She gave me a confused look.
I just smirked at her and planted a kiss real fast on her cheek. Now that my legs did listen to me I stood up and walked to the door. I heard her also stood up; I guess she’s going to show me the door. I heard her soft footfalls break the silence, as I passed the living room I saw her mom snoring loudly at the couch almost about to fall off.

I could also hear her take a sharp intake of breath when we passed it, like she was scared that she would wake up.
Her mom could at least support her more after what happened to her, to think her mother treats her like this…
I took my jacket and pulled it on real fast, I have to get home and call Cameron, this is going too far now.
I glanced at her and our eyes met; I looked away from the sudden contact and opened the door.
"I’ll see you at school?" I said, sounding like it was more of a question than a statement.
She hesitated; I don’t blame her for that after what happened today.

"You don’t need to-" I started but got cut off suddenly by hearing her mom say loudly "Hell yeah she’s going!"
She flinched by the sudden noise, and slowly dropped her head in defeat. "I guess I will..." She said with a sad tone in her voice.
I turned to the door and walked outside, it was already getting dark, I then suddenly turned around and blurted out; "Don’t worry, I’ll be there for you tomorrow, and I’ll talk with Cam, so… meet by your locker?
If I wasn’t mistaken I saw a small glint in her eyes and the corner of her lips curled into a small smile.
She nodded. I stared at her for a while, then I waved at her and turned walking into the direction my house was.