Chapter 17 {{~Confidence~}}

Vote!! & Comment!! Please? c:

**~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~**

(MICHELLE'S POV)

We were now walking the streets back home as we came back from the mall. Our arms were clad with plastic bags, but Ryan was taking the heaviest load.

I bit my lip, is he angry at me? I mean I didn’t know his mom would still force him to come with us too since he could easily carry the heavy bags for us.

And I felt bad for him since he had to wait outside the store because Benjy couldn’t come in, I would have stayed outside but Angela said that Ryan would do it and the scary part was that he didn’t even complain one second!

He was staring right back at me, but didn’t break eye contact when he noticed me looking. I was in so much thought that I didn’t notice that I was still staring, until he raised an eyebrow.

I slowly exhaled and turned to the front again.

I glanced at Angela; she noticed me and gave me a questioning look.

Does she really not mind if I eat with them for dinner tonight again? I mean it’s still weird, a stranger there when Sam had returned, maybe Sam doesn’t even remember me, heck I’m sure he doesn’t remember me!

"Yes dear," Angela started serious.

"It’s okay for you to eat dinner with us, I’m sure no one would mind." She said her eyes softening.

I gave her a small smile back but you could clearly see it was forced.

I really hate it if I trouble people, or if I’m a bother...

"Though," She suddenly went on.

"Is your parents okay with this? They do know you’re here, right?" 

I quickly looked away from Angela; I couldn’t lie to people while I’m looking at them.

"Yes... t-they know, and they don’t mind at all." I said I kept it as short as possible, not wanting for her to ask me more questions.

And since she doesn’t know I only live with my mom I’ll just let it stay like that. It was for the best.

Suddenly Angela halted in her tracks.

"Look! Should we go in here for a few minutes?" She asked pointing at a pet shop.

"Umm..." I hesitated; I mean what is she going to do in that shop? I hope not to buy stuff for Benjy... that would make me feel bad for being in debt... and since I already am in debt with her.

"C’mon! We could buy some dog candy for Benjy." she said latching onto my wrist and ready to drag me in.

Suddenly Benjy started to bark and growl.

I glanced at him in confusion; I thought he didn’t mind Angela anymore, though he wasn’t facing us but someone else.

I slowly turned to the person he was growling at.

My heart skipped a beat. I couldn’t move at all under her cold glare, as if her icy look froze me in place.

What is SHE doing here!?

"Mom?" I stared at her with my eyes wide open.

Her face was blank and devoid of any emotion; it was times like this I wish I could read someone’s mind and find out what they were thinking. She wasn’t looking at me though; she was looking at Angela’s hand around my wrist as if it were some vile insect.