Flashbacks

A/N: if y'all are coming from my one-shot book then the chapter y'all read is going to be split up a little bit in the next few chapters. Sorry if that's annoying. I wanna put more depth into the story. Thank y'all for reading! <3
-Dylan

Before:

"You excited?" Mitch asked me as I looked at myself in the mirror. He turned me towards him and straightened my tie. I smiled at him. This was the happiest day of my life. I was marrying the man I loved and my best friend was beside me.

"A little nervous but yeah." I said truthfully and he smiled. Tears welled in his eyes but he was smiling at me genuinely.

"I'm so happy for you!" He said pulling me into a hug. I laughed a few tears welling up as well.

"You have to hurry up and get married too so we can double dates with our husbands. And we can have our kids play together and..." Mitch laughed pulling away.

"Okay I'll hurry up and do that." He said and we laughed. He checked the time and smiled wiping his tears.

"It's time." He said and I took a deep breath, the nerves were settling in. Mitch saw this and patted his back.

"Hey you're ready. Don't psych yourself out. You love this man and he loves you. You know I wouldn't let you go off with some random guy." He said kissing my cheek. I nodded and took another deep breath.

"You're right. I'm ready. Let's do this." I said but stopped Mitch before he could leave the room.

"I love you so much. You know that right. Getting married isn't gonna change anything." I said when I still believed it.

Mitch rolled his eyes, "yes it does." I frowned at him but he smiled at me, "But in a good way." He grabbed my hand, "come one babe. Let's go get you married."

Present:

     "Why is his name Mitchie!? On your phone!" Alex yelled a little too loud, loud enough for Leah to hear and she was in the other room.

     "Shhh, Leah's in the next room." Scott said quietly and he rolled his eyes.

     "You didn't answer the question!" he said a little bit quieter but still loud enough for her to hear.

     "Leah put it in that way on my phone! She calls him uncle Mitchie!" Scott whispered loudly and Alex walked up to him and slapped him in the face. Scott was pretty much used to it by now but it still hurt like hell.

     "Do not yell at me! Do not test me! How could you fuck around with that fucking slut!" he yelled louder.

     "Be quiet! Leah's right in the other room! Don't use language like that!" He said a little louder but immediately regretted it when he saw the look on Alex's face. He got real close to Scott's face.

     "Don't fucking tell me what to do and don't fucking use that tone of voice. Get Leah out and if you know what you deserve then you will come back. But if you don't I know exactly where to find you and i know exactly where to find the slut."

     Scott nodded and walked out of the room. "Leah, sweetie pack a bag we're going to-"

     "Where are you going?" Alex asked from behind him making him tense.

     "Are we going to Uncle Mitchie's Daddy?!" Leah asked jumping on her little feet looking at Scott. Scott nodded and she squealed running to her room. She came out within seconds with her little dora backpack.

     "Uncle Mitchie's gonna be so excited to see you he always is!" Leah said excitedly running to the door. Scott cringed knowing what he was going to go through when he got back.

     "Oh does he?" Alex said with a terrifying tone and Scott looked at him with pleading eyes.

     "Please, Alex that's not what she meant okay? We're best friends and I love you not him." Scott pleaded.

     "That's not what you were saying while you fucked him is it?" Alex challenged and Scott frowned.

     "I didn't... Please don't talk like that in front of our daughter." he asked and Alex laughed loudly.

     "Always hiding behind her. I'm sick of it. Drop her off at the sluts house and get back here in 20 minutes or else." Scott nodded dropping his shoulders before picking Leah up with a fake smile.

     After the door closed behind them and Scott had Leah strapped up in her carseat in the back. "Okay, ready to have a sleepover at Uncle Mitchies?" he said letting the tears fall that he'd been holding in.

     "Are you sleeping over too?" she asked and he shook his head.

     "No honey, I have to have a serious talk with Papa." Little did Scott know that Leah knew exactly what was going to happen. She knew what "serious talk" meant.

     "Okay, Mitchie and I will save you a plate if you change your mind." she said looking out the window and Scott bit his lip to hold back from sobbing.

     When they got there Scott wiped his tears away and composed himself before letting Leah out of her car seat. She jumped up and ran to the door and Scott followed her smiling at how excited she was.

     Scott rang the doorbell and Mitch answered. He looked adorable in a white t-shirt and yoga pants. Leah squealed and ran into Mitch's awaiting arm.

     "Uncle Mitchie!" she screeched and he picked her up high in the air.

      "Well hello there beautiful! And how's my favorite little four year old!?" he asked smiling widely at the young girl.

     "I'm good! I'm spending the night!" she exclaimed and Mitch laughed looking at Scott.

     "Is it okay if she sleeps over?" Scott asked and Mitch nodded before tapping Leah on the nose.

     "Of course we're gonna have so much fun! I already have finding nemo waiting in the DVR." he smiled and Leah squealed again.

     "Thank you for doing this." Scott said seriously and Mitch smiled.

     "Of course. I love spending time with her."

     "Alex and I have to talk." Scott whispered looking down and concern filled Mitch's face.

     "Is everything okay?" Mitch asked and Scott was tempted to tell him everything but he couldn't. He just nodded before hugging Mitch tightly.

     "Thank you." Scott whispered before pulling away and Mitch looked at him seriously.

      "Anything for you. If you need me don't hesitate to call okay?" Mitch told him and Scott nodded. Scott kissed Leah on the head goodbye before leaving.