45

2 Months Later

Ameenah

"I swear I hate statistics" I groaned dropping my head on the lunch table. School had started back up a little over a month ago and senior year was already hard as hell. I was in the IB program for English while also taking two AP classes. My parents were completely unpredictable so I knew I couldn't depend when it came to school. I was making sure my GPA stayed high so that I could receive scholarships.

"I hate this school, all these ugly ass niggas and the cute ones either taken, ain't shît or gay" Paula rolled her eyes looking around the lunchroom.

"I can sit here?" I looked up and saw Clyde standing next to our table.

"Don't you have class?" I scrunched up my face. I wasn't that type of girlfriend who wanted their boyfriend to skip class to be with them.

"The teacher let us out early and I knew you had lunch so I came down here" he sat down reaching over and grabbing one of my fries. I snatched it back and ate it.

"Don't touch my food unless you want to lose them hands"

"I'm not about to be third wheeling so I'll go, bye y'all" Paula said before leaving.

"What's all this?" He asked referring to the papers I had on the table.

"I have a test next period and I think I'm going to fail" I frowned looking over my notes.

"I took statistics last year and got an A"

"What?" I asked turning my head towards him.

"What? You think you fucking with a dumb nigga?" He smirked.

"No I would've asked you weeks ago to help me if I would've known"

"Well I can come by your place and help you or we can go to the library in the school" he shrugged.

"Or we can go to your house" I pushed. Clyde and I have been talking for a while and I still haven't even seen the outside of his  house.

"Hey Clyde I was wondering if you had the notes from class earlier?" Some girl asked walking up to the table.

"Yeah I got them" he replied.

"Can you text it to me?" she asked as he eyes fell on me.

"Yeah I gotchu, what's your name again?" He asked.

"Hanna and thanks Clyde I appreciate, also since you have my number don't be afraid to use it" she threw in before walking off. I laughed shaking my head and began packing my books into my bag.

"Yo she's in my group and we all had to exchange numbers, emails and shit. I'm not sweating her ratchet ass so don't make this shit bigger than it needs to me" he said before I could even say anything.

"I didn't even say anything but if I find out you texting her about anything else but class related shit, I smacking the shît outta you"

"Chill out with all that, I don't know what niggas you was fucking with before but if you put your hands on me it's gonna be a problem"

"A problem? So you gonna hit me?" I asked standing up.

"Did I say that?" He sucked his teeth and picked up my now empty food tray and threw it in the trash. He seemed like he had an attitude now but he still waited for me and held my hand walking me to class.

___________

"What's going on?" I asked Clyde as we pulled up in front of some house.