33

Ameenah

"Great you're leaving" I said leaning against Aaleeyah's locker. She was packing her notebooks into the school bag while balancing the books she had to return to teachers.

"Yeah my mom found out what happened and my dad went crazy so she's transfering me to another high school" I replied dumping a few things into the trash she brought over to her locker.

"You're like my only friend here" I frowned playing with the zipper on my hoodie.

"I'm going to a different school girl not a different state" she laughed playfully nudging me.

"I know but there's so much drama going on here and you can't leave" I whined.

"You're leaving? Why?" Jesse asked from behind me. He was always popping up out of nowhere scaring me.

"My parents are transferring me to another school but I'll still see y'all and Ameenah we can still hang out"

"It won't be the same" I frowned.

"I need to talk to you" Paula called out walking up to Aaleeyah.

"Paula if you about to start some mess over a nigga, move around with that bull" Jesse spoke up.

"I'm not can y'all go so I can speak to her alone" she said making me look at her for second then I grabbed Jesse hand and walked off. I made sure I didn't go too far just incase she decided to pop off. I didn't have a problem with Paula but I bonded with Aaleeyah more so I was rocking with her no matter what.

Aaleeyah

"I'm sorry about the things I said, I was just mad" Paula started off, surprising me. The last thing I expected her to do was apologize to me.

"Paula look--"

"No let me finish, me and Sean dated and we broke up because he was a complete asshole" she rolled her eyes.

"That he is" I agreed as a small laugh escape my lips.

"I don't want to make him come between us, I always liked hanging with you more than everyone else. I don't wanna be like Xiomara who's just mad at Toni and not Marcus. I know our situations are different but still moral of the story, I'm not mad and I want us to be cool again" she smiled holding her hand out.

"I'm having this thing at my house tonight at 7, you could bring people. It's not a party, it's a kick back" I said returning the smile as I put my hands out and pulled her into a hug.

"Aaleeyah!"

I turned around and rolled my eyes as Sean made his way towards me and Paula. I quickly gathered the rest of my things and closed my locker.

"I'll see you tonight" Paula said before leaving.

I nodded and moved my feet as quickly as I could. I was close to the staircase but clearly not close enough because Sean grabbed my hand turning me around.

"I heard you're leaving" he said looking at the books in my hand.

"Get off her" Ameenah called out running up. She pinched his hand making him let go and grabbed my hand pulling me into the stairwell.

"Thanks" I sighed walking down the steps alongside her.

"Ameenah you need to mind your business, this is between me and Aaleeyah" Sean said following after us.

"Yo you need to chill out" Jesse told him catching up to us. We reached the first floor but I didn't leave the stairwell.

"Sean I said everything I needed to say to you, I'm done with you, I don't want to talk to you at all"

"What happened to you loving me and shit" he said making me shake my head.

"I hate myself for it but I'll always love you or at least the part of you that you don't let show. You just lost all my trust and respect when you did what you did what you did. Me being done with you doesn't mean I don't love you, it means I don't tolerate disrespect" I shrugged then walked off.

Toni-Ann

"Do you remember any guys you may have encountered that seemed off to you" the detective asked.

"I don't know, I didn't even know a majority of the people at the party. It was some random guy, I can't remember his face but his voice plays over and over in my head every single night when I close my eyes"

"Besides his face, are there any other features about him that you remember? A tattoo, cologne, a piercing, his clothes, anything that could help us" she asked sitting down next to me

"I can't" I shook my head as it came up blank yet again.

"I want you to relax and think really hard for me. Something small can help and snowball into finding the guys that did this" she said making me nod my head.

I took a deep breath and reminded my self that I could do this.I closed my eyes and tried to bring myself back to that night. Small pieces started coming to me but not much, my memory was fuzzy but then I remembered something.

_________________

I've really been slacking on updating all my books 😭😭I've been busy don't kill me

naya😘