14

Ameenah

Stepping out of the car, I checked my phone seeing school didn't start until another twenty minutes later. I waved to Ahmeer who had dropped me off and made my way inside the building. Symone and Toni-Ann soon followed after me.

After scanning in, I made my way to the auditorium. I didn't need anything from inside my locker so I just left it there. The three of us walked in and I was taken my surprise when we walked over and Xiomara lunged to hit Toni-Ann. I pulled Toni back so she wouldn't get hit as Marcus held onto Xiomara.

"Marcus let go of me" she said breathing heavily. I didn't even have to ask to know what this was about. Clearly Xiomara found out Marcus and Toni had something happen between them. I remember walking past her room one night and they were cuddled up kissing on her bed when I first came. I hardly knew either of them so I felt it wasn't my place to speak on it.

"Xiomara let's face it, he wanted a woman not some little girl" Toni said with a smug look on her face.

I didn't understand why Toni looked as if she's accomplished something great by getting with Marcus. Fighting over a guy was never something I wanted to partake it. Especially a guy who couldn't do anything for me and would leave me the same way he left the previous woman.

"I'm not even hurt that you slept you with him. He's cheated on me before but the fact that me and you are cool is what blows me. You fucking hoe and I hope you choke and die on all the dicks you swallow" Xiomara spat trying to lunge at her again.

"I don't do that sweetheart but I know you do" Toni smirked and shook out of my grasp.

"Let her go Marcus, why you always running to her side" Toni snapped.

"I'm trying to stop y'all from fighting" he said looking frustrated. I didn't feel sorry for him at all because he shouldn't have done that. He was the best of both worlds and now he started a world war.

"Whats going on here, you two my office now" the principal said walking over. I shook my head and stepped back as they walked out of the auditorium.

I looked at and saw Jesse staring at me, I smiled and walked over to him.

"Hey beautiful" he smiled looking down at me. I leaned in to hug and inhaled the cologne that he bathed his shirt in.

"What did you do go fishing in the cologne?" I laughed stepping away.

"No and what was that, no kiss?" He asked.

"What is going on in school today, why does everyone seem pissed" I asked. I saw Sean and Paula both looking mad and Aaleeyah was outside on the phone.

"It's a lot but let's get out of here, this assembly isn't starting until ten minutes after the bell so we have twenty minutes to hang"

"What about my cousin, Toni about to be in trouble or fight or something"

"She got herself in this situation, she knew what she was doing. Her own sister not even trying to defend her so come on" he said grabbing my arm.

"I guess since its over" I shrugged slightly confused as to why nothing happened, Toni could have hit her but she didn't but that's a good thing I guess.

"It's far from over" Jesse laughed grabbing my hand and leading me out the auditorium. We walked for a little bit and ended up in a secluded stairs way.

I took out a piece of paper towel out of my bag and dusted off the steps before sitting down. Jesse chuckled and shook his head at me before taking a seat next to me.

"So I got a question" he said out of the blue.

"Okay what?"

"So you said your parents sent you down here to set you straight" he started.

"I don't even want to talk about them" I rolled my eyes pulling out my phone.

"Nah listen, so if they decide to make you come back what does mean for us?" He asked getting serious.

"There's an us?" I gasped.

He sucked is teeth and straight faced me making me laugh.

"I'm serious, we been talking for a while, I don't want somebody I like getting up and leaving"

"Ooh I got him catching feelings" I joked saying exactly what he said to me a few weeks ago.

"Okay I deserved that"he chuckled.

"If they asked me to come back I would say no, I would stay here" I said finally answering his question.

"It's easy to say that now but when the time comes your gonna be happy to go back home" he shrugged looking down.

"Just because I've lived there for a majority of my life doesn't make it home. The past two months I've spent here have been better than than my seventeen years there. As silly as it may sound, I'm surrounded by people who actually care to ask me how my day was. It took me coming out here to realize what love and family is and I've met some amazing people. I guess you okay too" I joked trying to lighten the mood.

"You right I'm okay but I would be even better if you would be my girlfriend" he smiled looking at me.

"Did you just ask me to be your girl in this dusty abandoned stairway?" I laughed.

"What you want me to do, take you to some expensive restaurant I can't afford then ask you? That's too cliche, I'm a spontaneous type of guy" he said popping his collar

"We've only known each other for two months" I pointed out. I really like Jesse but I was nervous, I was never really allowed to date guys so I kind of naive and awkward in certain situations.

"People have met and gotten married within hours of knowing each other. We get to caught up in quantity rather than quality. I've been going to the same school as some people since I was five and we speak everyday but barely know them. I've known you for only two months and feel like we've known each other forever. I've admitted things to you before I even admitted them to myself"

I didn't even know what to say after he just said that I just leaned over and kissed him. He seemed taken by surprise at first but he pulled me into his lap as we made out. I felt his hand rubbing my thighs as he softly bit my lips.

I immediately got nervous because I wasn't trying to do anything, especially not in an abandoned stairwell. As much as I was enjoying the kiss I almost leaped out of his lap in happiness when the bell rung.

"If that didn't answer you question, the answer is yes I'll be your girlfriend" I said. He started cheering and grabbed my book bag holding it for me as we walked to class. It felt good saying I was his girlfriend out loud, I could definitely get use to this.

_________________

The beef with Toni and Xiomara is far from over but this is Ameenah's story so I had fit her and Jesse in there.

Do you think Jesse and Ameenah are moving too fast?

Leave comments cause they're always appreciated☺️

naya 😘