42

3 Months Later/
July

Ameenah

"Lemme get uhhhhhh...ahhhh" I rolled my eyes as a smile played on my lips.

"Clyde you do this everyday, I'm sure you memorized the menu by now" I laughed. This guy would come to the bakery everyday and grab something making sure to leave me a big tip.

"Maybe I just need an excuse you be in your presence longer" he shrugged staring me dead in my eyes. I looked down feeling my face warm up as I punched in his usual.

"Two chocolate chip cookies, strawberry cheese cakes and a red velvet cupcake" he ordered.

"Already done" I smiled handing him the bag I was putting together while he was staring at the menu.

"What time you go on break?" He asked handing me the money.

"I'm actually about to end my shift in five minutes" I informed him. I handed him his change but he just put it in my tip jar. Each worker who was working the counter had a tip jar.

"You got any plans?"

"Why?" I eyed him. He stepped aside as another customer walked up and ordered. I finished helping them and saw Jianna, my coworker, walk in. I told him to hold that thought and grabbed my tip jar, took off my apron before going to the back. I gathered my things quickly and walked back outside. I looked around and noticed Clyde had left, I was a little dissappointed but I shrugged it off and left.

"Boo!" I jumped and held my chest as I turned around coming face to face with Clyde.

"Why the hell would you do that!" I yelled slightly shoving him.

"My fault" he laughed.

"I thought you left"

"Nah I've been meaning to ask you something for a while and I wasn't going to bitch out today"

"What were you going to ask me?" I asked tucking my hair behind my ears. I had been wearing a hat for the past week since I didn't feel like putting heat on my leave out.

"Yo coworker..is she single?" He smirked making me roll my eyes and turn around to get in my car. I had saved up enough and sold a couple things to get my own little car.

"I'm joking" he grabbed my arm spinning me back around.

"I don't have time to play these games with you"

"I was really wondering if I could get your number maybe take you out" he said getting serious. I smiled biting my lips slightly then pulled my phone out. I gave him my phone to store his number and he gave me his. My jaws dropped when I saw what he saved his name as. He message me and I just laughed and changed it.

Clyde🍆✌🏾️💣:
Come fuck with a real nigga

"How old are you anyways?" I asked.

"I'm 18, I'm about to be a senior at Centennial High" he informed me making my eyes furrow.

"That's where I go, I've never seen you around"

"Yeah I'm new to the area, just moved here with my parents and my brother" he said.

"Maybe I can start a welcome committee and officially welcome you to our high school"

"Can it just be you" he smirked.

"I don't know but what I do know is I have to get home"

"I'll text you beautiful" he smiled before walking away. I did a little happy dance inside and got in my car then drive off heading home.

_____________

"Ooohh who's Clyde?" Aaleeyah asked peeking over at my phone.

"Just a friend" I replied laughing at something he sent me.

"Just a friend my ass, not with them emojis, you wanna take a ride on Clyde" she smirked while grinding on a pillow.

"Stop, he saved his number as that, I forgot to change it" I laughed hitting her with a random pillow on her bed.

"Mhmm who is he though, how y'all meet?"

"For the past two months he's been coming by the bakery and we've had some convos, he finally asked me for my number a week ago"

"New dick alert! New dick alert!" She shouted while doing a little twerk.

"It's not like that" I laughed shaking my head.

"Mhhmmm that's what they all say, I'm happy you're not stuck on Jesse. I thought you and Dontavian were gonna have a little thing going on"

"I haven't seen Jesse since school let out, I heard his mom sent him to a rehab. Dontavian and I only like each other as friends, I don't know why people think we're together"

"Cause you two are alwaaayysss" she pointed out.

"We are just really good friends"

Jesse

I stepped out of the building and saw my mom waiting by her car with Siona. I smiled as she came over to me and engulfed me in a hug. I had been at this month long rehab recovery center that my mom admitted me in.

"I never want to have to do this again, besides Siona you're all I've got" my mom said with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry and I promise from here on out I'ma try my hardest to change"

"Don't tell me show me" she smiled wiping her face. I gave her a small smile and walked towards the car seeing Siona standing there wearing a big dress that went pass her knees and some flats. I nodded my head approving of her non thot attire. Hopefully now she was on track and we can try to keep this family together.

_________________