23

Symone

The house was completely silent as I sat across from Ahmeer and Toni. We had just found out something we've been wondering for years. It seems as though Ahmeer already knew he was related to Ameenah but her father being our father was the shocker.

"Man fuck him"Toni suddenly said standing up.

"Chill out T" I said trying to make her relax.

"No, we already knew our father wasn't shit because he didn't care to be in our lives. Now we just have a face to add to the story. I'm going to continue acting like he doesn't exist like he acts like we don't" She shrugged before walking off and going upstairs. I rolled my eyes when I heard a door slam signaling she went in her room. I got up to go after her but Ahmeer stopped me.

"Let her have some space"

"She needs someone to talk and I'm her sister I know her"

"I've been in y'all position with y'all position. I don't know my pops and my mom didn't want me. Last thing I wanted was somebody trying to comfort me" he said before getting up with an attitude leaving me in the livingroom by myself.

I pulled my phone checking the time seeing it was almost eleven o'clock. I wanted to talk to someone so I decided on Ameenah. I went upstairs and knocked on her door but she didn't answer. I opened it poking my head inside and looked around seeing she was gone.

"Where's Ameenah I wanted to speak to her. She's been in her room all night" Mama Nita spoke from behind me. My eyes widened but I quickly stood up straight and turned around looking at her.

"She's getting dressed for bed but she said she doesn't want to speak to anyone" I skillfully lied. I didn't want Ameenah getting in trouble or anything.

"I'll just speak to her in the morning, I'm drained from today anyways" she fanned before walking back around the corner to go to her room. I let out a breath when I looked around the corner and saw she went in her room.

Where the hell was Ameenah?

Jesse

"Yo" I answered my phone stepping out of my room. I had brought Ameenah back here so we could chill and she fell asleep.

"Boy don't answer me like that, did you see my text?" she asked.

"Yeah I got it, how long you staying there?" I questioned her. She had left with Siona to go to my aunts house. They were driving up there so I knew she probably took off from work and would be gone a couple days.

"I'll probably stay up here for three days, Siona is spending the rest of the school year here. I don't want her anywhere around that boy"

"Yeah I'ma handle him, I'll talk to you tomorrow mom" I said trying to get her off the phone.

"Don't go get yourself into trouble Jesse, if your school calls me or I hear anything Im beating your ass..love you" she warned before hanging up on me. I laughed to myself and walked back into my room. Ameenah was still asleep on my bed taking up most of the space. She was small and cute but she slept like a damn beast. I saw it was getting late but I didn't want to wake her up so I laid next to her and pulled her close before closing me eyes.

Ameenah

I rolled over and frowned when I felt something hard next to me. My eyes fluttered open and I realized I was in Jesse room. The sun was shining so I knew it was the next day. I tried to jump up quick to leave but ended up falling off the bed completely and landed on the floor with a loud thud.

"Fuck you doing wrestling the floor?" I heard Jesses laughing as he looked over the edge of the bed. I gave him a straight face and picked myself up rubbing the back of my head.

"Why didn't you wake me up, I told  you I didn't want to sleep over"

"You looked tired and had this cute look on your face so I didn't want to wake you up" he shrugged like this was okay. I looked around and found my phone and groaned when I saw I had multiple missed calls and unread text messages. I check and saw I had a voicemail from my dad. I let out a breath and clicked on it so I could hear.

"So you think you're fucking grown huh? I heard you snuck out to go be fast with that hoodlum you brought around. You almost made me miss my flight, no child of mine is going to be disobedient and think she can run around like a hoe. All the shit you brought to Cali, my money bought. Your phone getting turned off. You're cut off completely, since you so grown manage shit by yourself. I don't want anything to do with you, your ass can die for all I care.

By the end of the messing I crying and couldn't bring myself to stop. Jesse came over to me and tried to figure out what was wrong but I couldn't stop crying long enough to get a sentence out. He picked up my phone and replayed the voicemail.

"What type of parents says shit like that to their child" he snapped.

"It's okay I'm use to it" I sniffled wiping my eyes. I had to leave so I could go get ready for school so I just started packing up my things to leave.

"Nah you shouldn't be use to that shit, you his daughter, I want to fight your dad yo" he stated angrily. I shook my head not wanting more problems to start.

"Jesse just leave it alone please" I urged. At this point I just wanted to go home.

_________________

Hey how y'all doing?👋🏾

Thoughts about the chapter?

What's gonna happen next?

naya😘