43

Toni-Ann

"Damn look at you" Jesse looking down at my round belly. I was about five months so my stomach was becoming more visible.

"Yeah I look like a balloon, why are you here? I thought you and Ameenah were over?" I asked crossing my arms over my chest.

"Yeah we broke up but that doesn't mean I can't see her"

"I just don't want you going in there playing yourself thinking ya'll gonna get back together" I shrugged.

"I didn't come here for you so stop telling me what you think" he said looking annoyed.

"She's talking to a new guy anyways, I think they've been talking all summer and he transferred to our highschool for her." I smiled before walking to my car. I got in starting up the engine then drove away.

Jesse

After talking to Toni I wondered if Ameenah had really moved on to someone else. Part of my recovery was therapy sessions where I learned how to channel my feelings and shit. I wanted to apologize to Ameenah for any problems I caused and for how I handled her. I decided to ignore what Toni said and walked up to the front door ringing the bell. I waited for a while until Ahmeer came to the front door and mean mugged.

"Why you here? Ameenah don't talk to your crazy ass no more. Toni told me about how you attacked Ameenah, I should fuck you up"

"Ahmeer what's going on?" Ameenah asked walking up behind him.

"This nigga had the balls to show up"

"Ahmeer chill out and Jesse what are you doing here?" she asked looking confused.

"I came to talk to you but apparently you got them thinking I did some shit to you" I shook my head turning around to walk away. I walked back to by car unlocking it. I heard the front door close and figured they went back inside but then I heard her voice.

"Jesse I don't know what you're talking about"

"I've been away for a month trying to get help and you been here letting people think I'm some abusive monster"

"I haven't been telling anyone anything, all they know is that we decided to take a break only Sean and Marcus know why we're not together anymore" she said.

"So fuck is that nigga talking about?" I took a deep breath and leaned against my car. I wasn't suppose to be acting like this, I knew I shouldn't have came around here.

"I don't know but he ain't hear shit from me, Jesse you know I would never do some shit like that no matter what happened between us"

"I thought you would be there for me through my hard times but you weren't so"

"I grew up with a father that would hit on me for no reason without using any drugs or alcohol so when you started getting aggressive I got scared. That night I saw you snorting in your car was a sign to me that I had to get away. I didn't want to end up like my mom and stay with someone who could hurt me"

"I know and I'm sorry, these therapy sessions I had while I was in that program helped me a lot. I'm still a work in process but I'm clean and I've learned to control my anger better and cope with out drugs" I said.

"That's good, I'm proud of you" she smiled tapping my arm.

"I was hoping we could work on our friendship, I still care about you and even if we never get together again, I still want you in my life" I grabbed her hands playing with them as she stared at me.