41

God is good all the time 🙌🏾

Ameenah

I let my mind run free as I sketched in my notepad. This whole thing with Jesse and Dontavian was annoying me. Being around my mother while she worked gave me a love for fashion. Sketching was a way for me to focus all my stress and anger into something positive. I was currently spending my lunch in the art room. The teacher likes me so she didn't mind me staying in here. I turned my music down when I felt a cold chill letting me know someone was approaching me. I looked up and sure enough Kortnee was walking over and decided to sit right in front of me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"I wanted to apologize" she said making me scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Apologize?" I repeated.

"Look I came back here thinking everything was going to be how it was when I was here before. I thought Jesse and I were going to get back together, I thought the girls would still like me but that wasn't the case. I'm sorry for over stepping my boundaries and disrespecting your relationship with Jesse. I'll back off, you don't have to trust or believe me but I'm serious"

"Thanks I guess, I know this couldn't be easy" I nodded accepting her apology. I wasn't going to be bestfriends with the girl but hopefully she was being truthful and we won't have any problems.

"I also came to warn you about Jesse, I know you probably think I'm plotting on him but I'm not. When Jesse's dad died, he took it hard and started using and I'm not talking about weed. He stopped but now that I see him, he looks like he's using again plus I peep the way he handles you. He only gets aggressive like that when he's high." She revealed.

"Tanks for telling me. I kind of found that out already anyways" I gave a fake smile and packed up my things before leaving her in the classroom alone.

"What yo?" Jesse answered the phone.

"Look I want to talk" I sighed.

"I thought you gave up, what we gotta talk about?" He asked.

"Can you please stop being difficult, where are you?" I asked. I lied an told Mama Nita I needed pads and she allowed me to take the car. I was currently parked in the parking lot of Jesse's apartment complex.

"I'm in my car, about to leave my crib. I'll see you tomorrow" he said hanging up. I frowned and looked at the phone. I threw it down before shaking my head. I was about to drive off when I noticed his car.

Getting out the car, I locked my doors then walked over to the car. I looked at the license plate and the rims and confirmed it was his car. I was about to knock on the window when I realized what he was doing.

"What the fuck Jesse!" I yelled. He looked startled and quickly wiped his nose and opened the car door. He tried reaching for me but I moved, I shook my head and made my way back to the car.

"Ameenah wait" he called out.

"What is this? The guy that I met when I first moved out here is who I want to be with, not this"

"I've been stressed out Meen, I promise this was my last time. You can't leave me, I need you" he came closer but I back away.

"I can't, I think it's best that we take a break."

"You gonna leave me when I need you? You my girl, you suppose to help me!" He snapped. I quickly got in the car and locked the doors. I hated Sean but I remember I had his number so I called him.

"Ameenah? You meant to call me?" He asked.

"I still don't like you but your friend is in the parking lot at his apartment high off drugs. I can't see him like this...can you--"

"Yeah I'll be there" he sighed sounding like he already knew what Jesse had done.

Jesse began hit the window making me jump. I was scared of him at this moment and prayed Sean wouldn't take long getting here.

"Baby please get out the car" he begged. I shook my head and looked around making sure all the doors were locked again.

I saw head lights flash and sighed in relief when Sean got out the car. He jogged over and tried grabbing Jesse but Jesse tried fighting him off.

"I'm not leaving until Ameenah gets out the car and talks to me!" he shouted pulling himself away.

"Ameenah don't get out the car" Sean demanded. I didn't plan on getting out in the first place. He began punching the window and going crazy.

"Get.Out.The.Car" he gritted out through his teeth. I noticed Marcus running up and he helped Sean restrain Jesse. Sean must have called him after he got my call.

"Ameenah get out of here, him seeing your face is only making it worst" Marcus said. I fumbled with the car keys and wiped the tears that fell. Shoving the keys in the ignition, I started the car up and sped off. I stopped at the store and bought pads including a few other things, so Mama Nita wouldn't know I lied, before heading home.

Symone

"I don't like the fact that you hang out with her so much" I said standing up from the bed.

"I'm going through all this shît right now and this is what you decide to say" he said shaking his head.

"I'm just saying, people might think that you two are together"

"Me and you ain't together so it doesn't matter"

"Then what are we?" I asked angrily.

"We are farmers...dun..dun dun..dun..dun..dun" he chuckled making me only get angrier.

"So all those dates we went on don't matter, those late nights at your house don't matter?" I asked.

"This is exactly why I like to stay to myself and not deal with certain females"

"But you deal with her!"

"She's my friend, fuck do you expect, you knew me and her were good friends and you still decided you wanted me. Don't complain now cause shit ain't turning out how you wanted it to"

"I'm sorry" I mumbled sitting back down.

"My parents coming home soon, you gotta go" he announced standing up.

"Are you serious right now?" I scoffed.

"As a heartattack" he stated opening up his room door.

"I've been kicked out of better places" I pushed past him and made my way downstairs and out the front door.

_________________

They: We don't want to see no drama

Me:

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Naya😛