15

Toni-Ann

"You get into a fight with one of your best friends over a boy?" Grandma yelled slamming her hand down on the kitchen table. I jumped taken by surprise because I had never seen her this angry before.

"I wasn't fighting over a boy" I mumbled looking down.

"Then what the hell was that the principal was telling me huh?"

"I don't know" I shrugged thinking back to what went down between me and Xiomara earlier.

Symone was walking with me down the hall as we followed behind the principal to her office.

"I told you to--" Symone began to speak but I was suddenly yanked backwards by my hair and slammed to the floor. I tried blocking my face as Xiomara sent punch after punch.

"Get off of me, you mad because he don't want you" I yelled swinging on her. She sent one blow to my head making my head slam on the ground. I groaned and tried to ignore the pain. Everyone was trying there best to get her off me but she refused to let go of my hair.

"You wanted me to hit you right bitch" she yelled as she released her grip on me. I got slowly and wiped my mouth, noticing blood.

"Officer Trott, escort her to the nurse" the principal yelled out and they took Xiomara to the office.

"She need some milk!" Some boy yelled out causing the kids in the hallway to erupt in laughter. When it was me and her alone again, I was fucking her up. She snuck me that's why I didn't win this one.

"Well I can't say I blame her for hitting you, sneaking you was some bitch shit but that hoe shit you pulled deserved a ass whooping" Grandma said shaking her head at me.

"I only messed with Marcus, I'm not a hoe"

"A man that ain't yours. Ain't none of y'all, I see no ring on that finger. It starts off with just Marcus, you know your momma told me the same thing. One guy turned into two, two into three and kept going until she had a different guy for everyday of the week. That's exactly what got her strung out"

"I'm not like that whore"

Smack.

"Don't you ever fix your mouth and talk about your mother like that again. Honor your parents, even if they ain't best ones, she brought you and your sister into this world when she didn't have to"

"I'm--"

"Don't apologize, I'm sick of your apologies, I'm tired of you running around here thinking you grown, sneaking that boy in my house at all times of the night" my eyes widened. I didn't think she knew about me sneaking in Marcus.

"I'm wasn't born yesterday, your mama, your aunts and uncles use to pull the same shit. And I whooped they asses for it just like I'm gonna whoop yours" she said. I looked at her like she lost her mind. I was too grown to beat getting whoopings.

"What?" I asked just to be clear on what she said.

"Go get the belt"

_________