40

Ameenah

I walked into school the next day looking pretty simple. I wasn't really in the mood for talking so I was making sure to avoid everyone. I made my way to my locker and turned my head seeing Sean and Marcus looking at me. They didn't look away when I made eye contact which annoyed me because I hated when people stared. I rolled my eyes and unlocked my locker throwing everything from my bag in there.

"Guess who?" I heard a familiar voice say as hands covered my eyes. I gasped and turned around instantly giving the person a hug.

"I was worried about you, what happened?" I asked pulling away from his grasp.

"Because of my parents and their connections I was released almost immediately, they know I'm a good boy" he popped his collar.

"So no jail time, they not taking my bestfriend away again?" I asked.

"Yeah ya boy back, when I find out who planted that shit, it's gonna be a problem though" I bit my lips and held back my thoughts on it.

"You just came back, I think you need to stay out of trouble Donny"

"Stop calling me that shit and when they was walking me out I saw how homeboy was handling you" he said making me close my eyes and sigh.

"It's nothing don't even worry about that"

"You need me to say something to him cause he not about to be handling you like that" he frowned.

"I don't even know if we together right now" I confessed moving my lip to the side as silence fell over us. I closed my locker and began walking to my class. I was early so usually I would go hang in the stairwell with Jesse but I couldn't do that now.

"Damn I ain't been gone that long, is that why you over here looking like a sad puppy?" He teased staring at something across the hall. I turned my head and saw some girl standing at her locker wearing these tight yoga pants, you could see every dip and curve in her body. In addition to the hoeish attire, you could she her thong poking out and she wore a crop top that might as well have been a bra. I shook my and walked into the classroom. The teacher wasn't in the class yet so we just went to the back and dat down.

"Do your neck hurt?"

"Whatchu you mean?" He asked pulling on his notebook and textbook.

"You was breaking your neck to see the tater thot back there so I'm wondering if it hurt"

"I wasn't breaking my neck to see that hoe, she just had a fat ass so I looked"

"That wasn't a look, you stared until you couldn't see no more" I laughed.

"When you first came here I stared at yours too" he shrugged making me punch him in his arm.

"Don't you have someone else to bother?" I asked.

"Nah not at the moment" he smiled. The sound of someone walking in made me turn away from Dontavian. I looked up and saw Jesse standing there staring at us. I looked back down and hoped this class went by smoothly.

_____________

"Why would you hit him?" I asked Jesse as we sat in the office waiting for the principal to see us.

"He shouldn't have touched you" he replied as if that justified everything.

"The principal would like to see you now Ameenah" the secretary said making me stand up. I walked into the office and closed the door behind me.

"You want to tell me what happened and please don't lie because the teacher told me everything"

"They started fighting out of nowhere and then the teacher came and broke them up"

"So Dontavian threw the first punch, correct?" She asked.

"If the teacher told you what happened shouldn't you know the answer to that?" I asked. I didn't want to be the one to say anything so I just wanted to keep my answers vague. Jesse was the one that hit him first and made him leak so Dontavian was currently at the nurses office.

"I know you don't want to get in the middle but I suggest you tell me what happened or I'll have no choice but to suspend you. Someone who instigated a fight can get in just as much trouble" she shrugged.

"Instigated? I had nothing to do with them fighting? They just started fighting out of nowhere" I couldn't believe this bitch was threatening to lie and get me suspended.

"The teacher told me that Dontavian threw the first hit and Jesse was defending himself. Is that true?" She asked once again. I took a deep breath before shaking my head.

"No that's not true" I answered. Dontavian was already in enough trouble, he had to have detention everyday until the end of the school year which was right around the corner.

"So the teacher is lying?"

"Look you asked me what I saw and that's what I saw, Jesse hit Dontavian first and they began fighting" I shrugged.

"Okay thank you for your cooperation, you are free to go" she smiled. I stood up and was about to leave but she stopped me.

"I looked through your files and noticed your dad is William Clarke and your mom is Regina"

"Yeah that's my parents but I live with my grandmother"

"I'm an old friend of your parents, tell them I said hi" she smiled before dismissing me. I walked out the office and saw Dontavian sitting there while a guard stood in between the two. I decided not to say anything so I just gave him a small smile and left.

_________________

Thoughts?