31 [ last chapter ]

{ jane hollister }

It was shivering cold already when this faithful dawn came up. I was dressed in, strangely, a white ruffled dress and a red outer coat is sitting on my bed, waiting to be worn. To fit this winter day, I got my gloves, my sunglasses, oh, and I can't forget- Tickets to Busan in the purse that's laying right next to it.

"Yeobo~"

A familiar voice sounded through, accompanied by the rhythm of footsteps dragging against carpeted floor, louder as they near my opened room.

Putting on my makeup, I tried to cover up as much blemishes as I can. Oh, I could never forget the time when I stared into the mirror just to judge my horrid features- They still have to stay hidden.

"Jane, you're pretty no matter what, okay?"

This time the voice came from right behind me, and in the reflection of the vanity mirror I see him smiling as he lean comfortably on the door frame.

"Just a minute!" I replied absent-mindedly, just simply awing at the appearance of the love of my life. Simply dashing, with his hair swept back like that, showing off his silk-smooth skin and lustrous eyes.

Jeon Jungkook is charming.

"It's about time, the train won't be waiting for you even if you're a Hollister, you know." Jungkook gave himself a rewarding smile, as he couldn't get enough of pulling that joke.

His smile was so captivating.

I was panicking, hands trembling when I feel his body still heated and warm. I double checked by putting my forehead against his, making sure it wasn't just me and my wishful thinking.

When I returned from my household and back to Seventh Street just now, I noticed something gleaming through the front door of the store... Just like what I first noticed as I stepped onto this particular street. I entered with quick, light steps, only to find that Jungkook was practically glowing. Glowing, not porcelain white glow, but a natural skin tone should.

He's coming back. He's coming back alive.

"Kook-ah, can- Can you hear me?"

By this time I was already tear-stricken. I held his hands tight together, lowering my head down and simply praying for him.

The air was still and frozen, with me silently sobbing to myself and a hopeful wish stuck in my head for the boy. I could not wait any longer, knowing if I were to move back in with my family, I wouldn't get to see Jungkook again.

That worries me. Not being able to see him.

After all, he's my only support.

I then felt something piercing the back of my neck. As if I was being stared. I pull myself up, and I couldn't believe my eyes.

"Hi," His voice was weak, coughing as he struggle to smile.

"Hi?! It's been so long and all you can say is that?"

"It's not my fault I got into a deep sleep. At least, I've woken up, right?"

Jungkook was awake. Finally awake. He hung a lopsided smile on his face, attempting to grin. Despite the tired eyes, they turned into crescent moons, as if enjoying this moment.

"Woah, and now you're talking back! Exactly what have you gone through all this while?"

Today was the day we're visiting Jungkook's hometown, Busan. Paying respect was a tradition. Thankfully for us, he could go as far as he would now, no connection to the what ever Goddess and the enchanted that once held him captive. Speaking of, I remembered him telling me he had seen her in his dreams, and even held a conversation! That's strange, but as long as he's back, nothing else matters.