30

{ jeon jungkook }

Am I... Dead?

"No you're not, you doofus."

What was that?

"You're in between life and death. You will have the say to your outcome of your mission; the choice to proceed onto your last, and finite destination. Do you..."

A female's voice, smooth, like sacred music to my ears. I couldn't feel my body, but strangely ringing in my ears are rushed whispers of nothingness and the sounds of faraway echoes. When I listen closely, only I realize... They were repeated screams... Of someone else calling out another's name. Someone familiar.

My eyes are flickered open, then they shut again involuntarily in a millisecond. I could barely see anything, just feeling my frozen fingertips and dry, cracked lips.

In the next moment, my eyes slowly peer open.

There stood a person, a young girl whose face I couldn't see. She is dressed in a pale yellow lavish dress, with bright light shone behind her at all angles. There were small accessories dangling from her sleeves, not noticing that they were the miniature replicates of the ornament I happened to make contact with on my first day exploring the odd-looking, exquisitely designed store.

Before I could decipher anything else, my eyes are trained on her. I couldn't shift my gaze elsewhere. My body is locked within itself, my arms lumbered by my side. Her figure begins to close in, the noises in my head starts to get louder, and faster, and louder...

"Jungkook-ah... It's today."

There was the familiar voice, this time I could hear more clearer, more closer.

"You," The voice still pushed on, loud and clear, "Will have the say..."

Today. Today, I repeated in my head. Today was something that the familiar voice was talking about. I have to keep track of my thoughts. What was it about today? When is today?

Now I ask, where am I?

"I know it's time I do my part as a proper adult, so... I agreed. I accepted their adjustment of my father's will for the sake of all of us. You'll be rooting for me, right? After all, I'm doing this for you."

Voices are overlapping, my head is spinning, but I can't lose.

"...You- Translucent- More whiter, paler..."

She's talking to me but I can't vision her. How did she look like, how is she like? I know that she knows me, but I could not recall...

I'm not dead, right?

That goddess of whatever even called me a doofus when I assumed so.

"You will be alive when you believe that you are."

There was then a distant laughter, more like a snort, seemingly mocking what I have said in my mind.

"Better not let that girl down, Jeon Jungkook. Or I will kill you, personally." Her voice, albeit light and cutesy, gives me shivers. "I'm not a goddess, though, actually, I do prefer to be called one. My name's Lee. Remember that, arrachi!"

There was a pause, and my eyefolds began to shake, and they drooped in slack motion. Then they shut. I feel myself getting further away from the voice, like I'm transported to another world.

"Nice to meet you, Jeon Jungkook-shi. And goodbye."

I could still hear it echoing in the depths of darkness, until the color of dull red falls into my enclosed peripheral and shields over the black field that I see.

a/n: lmao ok i have to tell u that although he did meet the goddess here, the goddess isn't actually a goddess, but more like someone different, something mythical. i didn't know whats appropriate to call it huhuhu, but let's say it's a small crossover from Witches Of Seoul bloopbloop!!

this is ending soon, like really soon!

now it's time that i have to go on a short shOrt hiatus.

see you soon xx