18

"You know, Jeon, after so many weeks, we haven't had a proper meal." He nodded along my words, but his attention is on the guitar he's holding on his lap. He plucks the strings by random and held the guitar out, pretending to be a rockstar while I jam with my toothbrush.

"Yah, are you bored? Want to go out?" I suggested while brushing my teeth, and I definitely did not expect Jungkook to suddenly be overly enthusiastic about the whole idea.

"Call!" He jumped up from his seat and placed his guitar away.

There was a bathroom right next to the stockroom, and if I open the door wide I could see him through the reflection of the mirror.

Every now and then, he wiggles his feet, whining about how slow I could be to get ready. He is wearing this ugly yellow polo tee and denim jumpsuit, telling me to hurry up in a minion voice.

He discovered a new talent while waiting for me to get ready. How convenient.

Wiping away the residue off my mouth, I reach for my bag and run up to Jungkook just before he holds the door out eagerly. I give him a mouthmask and a heat packet on our way out, while he mutter a comment on the weather, "It's not that bad."

I sport on a white sweater and denim jeans, which matches with his but he do not seem to mind. The only thing he had said about my look was, "Meh, you look okay."

I won't lie and say that I expected more coming from him after yesterday's incident, to be honest. But I still kept my head down and continue walking alongside with him, who is currently enjoying the breeze. I'm not even sure if I could make my existence known right now. Like, hello, I'm right here? Please notice me.

After a while, he stops in his tracks. "When I came to Seoul for a vacation, I wanted to audition to be a singer too." He points at a large building not too far away, "I even came prepared."

I gaze at the building, not wanting to meet his eyes. "Really? I didn't know you can sing, dance, or even rap."

"I can show you, if you want," He says unconfidently, and as I turn to look at him and nod my head, he smiles sheepishly, taking a few steps back.

"Play any song! Challenge me."

I reach out for my phone and played a mix of hiphop and ballad, both which he ideally pull it off with confidence suddenly waving over him. I smile and clap simultaneously after he bowed, and that's when I realize there were other people behind me, watching him too. The crowd was getting bigger, and he doesn't seem to be unfazed as he give them flirtatious smiles.

Yuck.

The next music played and as I thought it was enough for the day, I bend down to pause the song only to be stopped by a pale looking hand. My eyebrows are crossed as he whispered, "One more, okay?"

"But it's getting colder and I don't have any more heatpacks-" I protested, but he shakes his head and holds my hand for a second longer. "Watch me carefully. I won't turn into a mannequin yet- Ani, I won't let myself."

I look at him, clearly uncertain and concerned for his choice but he simply nodded, this time with determination filled in his brown eyes.

[video in mm! play it play it~]

I play again and it took me a while to realize it was Save Your Goodbye, which I have not listened to in a long time. It used to give me loads of heartburn while hearing it at night.

The piano tune begins and he grins at me. 'Excuse me,' He return his gaze back down to the ground, and continued himself.

Seeing Jungkook dance to it, I would be lying if I said I'm not impressed, or that I don't feel anything out of the ordinary. Despite a total contrast from his outfit, he is still able to pour out his feelings with each and every movement he made, owning this self-constructed stage he has made for himself just a while ago.

Every song eventually comes to an end, and so I was prepared to put on another wide smile and clap for the last part to his mini concert. Jungkook looked shyly at me, but a small frown was evident on his face.

Is something wrong?

Did the mannequin spell act up again?

I was proven wrong when we reached the ending with his sudden strong gaze and slight smile at me, telling me it is not yet the end.

'You're everywhere I go, go, go,' Jungkook slowly dances his way towards me. I let out a small gasp when his touch snakes around my wrist, then grabs hold of my hand very gently while mouthing the words, "Be my girlfriend."

There was a dead silence and I can't help but end up caught in a daze. What has he said? Did I misunderstand his words?

My doubts are clarified when people by my side started to cheer for me, wanting me to accept his confession or say something fluffy in return.

But I was incapable of doing such things...

Right?

"Jungkook-ah..."

The next song has started, and unfortunately, it just had to be some sad melody. I shake my head in confusion while tugging away his hand to retrieve my phone from the ground. The crowd slowly dismisses, assuming it was a lose cause.

He, however, remained assertive on the ground. He is still, waiting patiently for me to say something as he stood there, hands clenched by his side with his innocent pouty lips.

"Jungkook-ah, I..."

a/n:

do yall have any questions for them? i'll have them lined up to answer:D

thanks for the 25k reads, guys!! xx