8

Jungkook holds my hand tightly, feeling warm and comfy as we dashed across streets and roads. A flock of red floods my cheeks when I felt that our hands seems to fit just right.

After a good two minutes walk, we finally reached the end of the ol' mighty lane. Where this all began.

I look down at our interlocked hands when we stop in our tracks, but my eyes widen when I realized his fingers are suddenly cold to the touch. Using his other hand, he removes his frozen one that's plastered against mines, and smiled sheepishly at me.

"I forgot my mittens and thought your hand could warm me up. I guess it wasn't enough," He steps aside, giving me a boyish grin. "After you."

That's not comforting to hear. Surely. How did he say that with a smile?

I unconsciously make a mental note to get him something for Christmas.

We enter in to Jungkook's shop, again, this time I'm a little hesitant and uncertain. This place suddenly seems magical and unrealistic to the human eye, but perhaps normal already to the mannequin next to me.

"Do you remember the first time you entered this place?" I ask, gently heading over to sit down.

He nodded, before frantically stopping me, right before I manage to sit down, "Don't touch any of the things here. It could be dangerous."

I recall the last time I even drank tea here-

"But that time I drank from a cup belonging to here."

"I think, it's because you're linked to me now, and you touched me the same time you held the cup," He starts walking up next to me, and take a seat comfortably before grabbing my arm and pulling me down.

"Goodness. Look at this," I rub on the red marks that are slowly forming, caused by his tight grip.

"Sorry," Jungkook smiles, then stands up again, making his way to the back of a counter, located at the very edge of the room. He comes back with a small, thin book, brown faux leather and a rubber band vertically over it.

"What's that?"

"I keep diary entries in here about changes I observe in myself, or anything in particular to why I became a mannequin. Which is basically this fancy-shmacy store."

He flips to a page, his long fingers easily covering the entire book cover.

"This is when I found out I need some form of heat to literally survive, like a normal person," He points to the untidy penmanship of one page, "I wrote this as a half-mannequin. Now I know that human heat by the hand wouldn't work- Maybe it just wasn't enough?"

He turns to another page, this time not even letting me read it as he shut the book within a second.

"Wait, why?" I groan, "It's interesting."

He gives me a frown in return. "It's a diary, not a storybook."

Nevertheless, I could say I am more than willing to spend the entire day here with him, alone. It's better than returning home to nobody and getting upset all over again.

"You know what, Jungkook, you're not that bad."

He shoots me a knowing lopsided smirk, a tint of playfulness evident in his expression.

hello!! hope you are enjoying this so far.:)

update: wow i wrote this two years ago, its been a while huh.