27

It has been a long time since the construction begun. I thought it was time to look for a proper place to live in, and thankfully I had the help of Jungkook, who kindly accompanied me around the neighborhood to look for vacant households.

It was a hectic day filled of lovely dates I never imagined could happen to me coming from nonsensically manly but really, really charming Jungkook. Yes. That's who he is.

Currently, I'm sitting down below him on the ground as he attempt to tie my hair for me. Said that was what a gentleman should do.

Well, I'd say that not all men need to know how to tie their girls' hair. I can't even do mines properly. Jungkook is so cheesy.

I wonder how many would die in the smooth hands of their boyfriends if I'm already feeling over cloud nine just him playing with my hair. His fingers slowly trails down from the top of my head to the ends of my hair, smoothing down like a comb. His large hands work wonders. Courtesy of Jeon Pabo.

That reminded me. "Do you know I was so afraid of you before? But, now that I got to know you, you're kinda a dork."

"Hm?" He chuckles lightly as his hands continues to comb through my hair. "I wanna know why."

"It's just..." I stop for a second as he turns his head to focus on me, "You know I had a very depressing self-"

"Uh-huh, I felt it."

"So instead of taking things lightly, I would overthink a lot-"

"Ah, no wonder sometimes I could feel repeated thunder bolts in my head," Jungkook cuts in, nodding his head along with my words.

Huh?

"What are you saying?" I nervously laughed, hitting him on his back.

"Seriously though, I'd literally watch every corner because of the possibility that you'd appear out of nowhere," This time my breath hitched and I shut my eyes close as he leaned down, his lips brushing my neck. I'm suddenly visioning a smirk playing on his lips... What the hell.

"Damn, those days were magical, weren't they."

I opened my eyes by surprise, scoffing at his stupid remark.

He finally puts my hair into a low ponytail and pulled me up, "All done! Pretty, Jan-ie is pretty."

I smile cheekily, mumbling a word of thanks while he put away all the princessy accessories into a small box kept behind the counter. Suddenly just as I was about to stand up, he wraps his arms around my body and I could once again feel hot breath tingling my skin. "What..."

"Jane, you know you don't have to hide your fear of yourself, or anyone else anymore, right? I'm here. And I'll always be."

A large smile develops on my face as I stay still, feeling his warmth. I like warm hugs.

I couldn't disagree nor hide the fact that I needed him. It was him, whom without my permission felt all the feelings I have felt by myself, hear the thoughts I had buried to the back of my head, and said the things I was curious but could never speak of. It was Jungkook, who has indeed played an integral part in my life. I then realize, I could never be without him, as cliche as that sounds.

It weren't just days or weeks, but months without anywhere else to go. We relied so much on each other that we're practically inseparable now. Money still enters my bank account and they go just as quickly since we needed basic necessities to live- But no fancy news updated us, nothing out of the ordinary happened again. I'm sure Jungkook is just as inexperienced as me as to how we're supposed to continue on from here.

However, now that I had a 'job' experience, I could get another one more easily, even if it means taking over my family's business or whatever. I'm good, well, as much as I can be. The problem was Jungkook.

His hometown wasn't Seoul to begin with, so how exactly would he survive here, in spite of whether his identity was to be? He can't possibly stay here forever in this... This... spooky, enchanted, I-don't-even-know shophouse with an odd goddess that shows up once in a while. He couldn't live like this.

"Jeon, when are you returning to Busan?" I ask softly, his nicely built arms still resting on my torso.

I could feel him freeze. His grasp on me loosened a little. He doesn't move an inch even when I call him again.

It was only the vague movements of his forearms moving up and down that tells me he was still there.

"Oh no, Jung Kook-ah, are you crying?" I tried turning to his side but he tightened his hold on me, his head locked down my shoulder. "Why are you..."

There was a pause, a very enigmatic silence filling the air. I called out again, twice, thrice... No response. There aren't any hot tears spilled on my shoulder, and something in me tells me that something was very, very wrong.

I finally turned around, stunned to feel his arms that abruptly separated suddenly became rigid.

I was shocked.

His stiff body falls back to the back rest of the couch, leaning onto it in the most uncomfortable position there is. His head slightly tilts back in the process, and I catch a glimpse of his eyes...

He was staring into nothing. His eyes has lost its glow, and everything else was unfathomable.

I... I don't understand.

"Jungkook-ah," I flew to his side, adrenaline pumping in my system. My movements were frantic as I slapped his cheeks, harsh, hoping this was just some silly act of his. I was proven wrong because he didn't react. He didn't feel anything like a human. I throw my hands around him with all my might, and this was the coldest feeling that Jungkook has ever returned to me.

"Jungkook, w-wake up. I don't want to play this game."

This did not just happen.

Tell me this is just an act. A nightmare that I can wake up from. P-Please.

MANNEQUIN. x bts seriesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara