6

"I told you I'm a mannequin."

He says it like it's nothing, while I stare at him unwrapping the triangle, wide-eyed.

"Just kidding."

It's like my pupils dilated and smoke literally came out from my nose when I heard his next words. My brows furrowed.

"Yah, punk!"

"But," He paused to raise an eyebrow at me, perhaps mocking me of my fury, "I know your name, your age, your address, your basic background information. Your bra size-"

What. The. Hell.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!" I burst out, hitting him with the plastic carrier as he groan in pain.

"Look, I didn't willingly know it, okay? I have... Circumstances! And I'm kidding about the last one."

"You always lie. Aren't you supposed to be at the store, posing with your stupid guitar and your dusty old suit? Oh, and, scare the passer-bys with your friend?"

He blinks, then look down at his attire. "Ah. I need new clothes."

Damn, this guy is beautifully rude. Does that even make any sense?

He finished his last bite and tossed the wrapper back into my plastic bag of goodies, then pull me by my arm with such strength I could feel it going detached any time soon if he continues dragging me.

"I'm not a mannequin, just so you know," I poked at his tight grip. He loosened it, but I could feel that he is not going to let go.

"Where are we going?" I ask with a small voice.

"To the shop where I come from!"

--

He made me sit on this antique looking arm chair while he heads to the back of the store, only accessed to employees.

My eyes glaze over the setting around me. From outside, the store looks bright and heavenly, but when I actually came in and see it for myself, it looks like a cozy interior of a cottage you see in Disney movies. My gaze ends on the other mannequin that stands alone by the front glass. He stays very still, unlike Jungkook.

The said mannequin-boy then returns, with a new set of clothes and handed me a cup of tea. "Drink it while it's warm. It's getting colder outside."

I mutter a sign of courtesy, but a question floats out of my mouth. "Why do I feel like you're a human and a mannequin both at the same time?"

I did see his frozen feet the other time. They were sickly white and to the touch was cold.

Not because of the weather... I am somehow certain of this.

He took a seat beside me, albeit he seemed like he was having trouble planting himself down- and pointed at the other mannequin I was watching earlier.

"His name is Vee, he was once human."

"O-Once?"

"His soul is cut off, turning him immobile and his entire body frozen. He was tasked and given a deadline from... Someone, but he didn't finish it, for selfish reasons," He bows slightly with two hands clasped against his nose, "So he stayed like that forever. Amen... I'm craving for some ramen."

I am flabbergasted, partially for his retarded-ness, but at this freakish story he just told me.

It cannot be real.

My lips parted, ready to throw him the plastic carrier when he held my wrist.

"I'm not done talking." He stares down at his feet, slowly letting go.

"There's one thing about me you must know- I turn to a half mannequin whenever I'm not exposed to any heat." 

There was a dead silence.

He gives me a look, "So, how's the tea?"

double updateu~~~