12

I looked like I just recovered from a jungle escapade.

My hair was tied in a low bun that looked like I've stood at the summit of Mount Everest and came back, my cheeks are stained black with dirt, my back and arms are aching for all that scrubbing I had to do.

"How can they make a girl work like this, seriously..." I mumbled, taking off the large yellow gloves from my hands. My fellow workers just smiled at me whenever I glance their way, I guess they're busy with their own things too.

But don't they ever complain?

I looked out of the dull gray big box I'm standing in, and watched the sky. the sun was setting and gradients of orange spreaded across the sky, white tainted clouds gliding oh-so-smoothly, while I imagine myself laying on it, if possible.

I take a big breath of relief as I found a chair to sit down at, and messily slumped down onto it. The exhaustion was crazy real. Little fists thrown on my thighs, I am suddenly brought back to the very first moment I stepped in here.

Hm. I would lie to say I liked this.

Where's that mannequin guy, anyway?

"Hey guys," I heard a voice and looked outside. The sky is darkened and I could make out a silhouette. Jungkook? "I bought dinner for all!"

And since when.

As the silhouette stepped nearer inside, the light blanched his face, and Jungkook was revealed holding a bag of what smelled like Chinese cuisine. I raise my eyebrows quirkily.

He brought out the containers from the bag onto a free table situated at the back of the  helping the workers give access to them. "Enjoy," He said to them, before turning and facing my way.

"I think you like Chinese food." His hand was outstretched to me, telling me to get up. I pouted, not wanting to leave my comfy spot. He picked me up with a single pull, leaving me no choice but to stand firmly. I rolled my eyes at him and headed for the food.

So much for showing off his non existent muscles.

Yep. These bad boys probably weren't his, to begin with.

I may be wrong.

Happily munching on some meat, I remembered I had to ask something.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook."

"Sup?"

"Where did you get the money from?"

He casually replies, "I went back to Busan."

"Busan?"

"It's where I-" He paused for a moment, before sighing and walking up to me. He let out another smile, but smaller. "It's where I live. Before I got into this state, that is. Now eat."

"Why don't you go home? You just need heat to survive, am I right?" This time my ears were perked and I was more interested to him talking than eating.

"And let them find out I turn into porcelain whenever I lose them? Noo, no, no." He shook his head in a cute manner and I bit my bottom lip. I hope my cheeks aren't visibly red, after all there were small lightbulbs at each side of the store.

"And what do you mean 'survive'- I need to eat too," He snickered a little, "I'm only human~"

Immediately I recognized that song, though in English and I could only murmur the tune as he sang each word out loud. His voice expressed pain and agony- those feelings stuck inside his head, probably never revealed before.

I was so engrossed in his singing that when he stopped, my mind stopped too.

I was in a daze.

He didn't continue again, and by then I noticed him clenching his fingers together to a fist. I watched silently as his movements were unstable, as if the joints of his fingers were locked.

Locked.

His struggles to stretch them out was... tough to watch.

I then spot a heater at the other side, which I quickly push Jungkook to.

"Hey, what-"

"Heat. Like you said, you need heat," I constantly reminded myself, then embraced him with all the strength and warmth I could give.

Now what is this fuzzy feeling?

a/n:

thank yall for the reads so far! xx